Mikael's live quotes

From Turkey,20th of June:
"how's the game going? are you winning? sweden lost. to the russians the other night. so i don't give a fuck about football anymore."
"we are from sweden. we are a long way from home. we're very happy to be here. our band, is called opeth. we come from sweden. we are a long, long way from home. we're very, very, very happy to be here."
Just before Heir Apparent:"this song... i wrote a lyric, for this song... it was about... tits! it's not about tits anymore. but, i think of them all the time."
(someone gives mike a record of Ibrahim Tatlıses,who is a Turkish arabesque-folk musician) "i really love this guy. i already have this album actually. a song from blackwater park... we're not going to play this one now, but next time. this song.. is called bleak. we actually wrote that right after hearing ibo."
"we love you guys. we love you so much, that... well, if i didn't have a wife.. mhmhmgm"
"we want to come back a thousand times."
"we're going to play a song... and if you know whose song that is, we'll play our songs. if you don't... we'll play you roxette songs instead. [crowd stays silent] it was a judas priest song. so now, we'll play you the look by roxette. .... actually, i fucking hate roxette."
"we were going to play more songs from the new album... but we've been busy with kids and stuff like that... so we didn't have time to rehearse... we don't know how to play the songs yet."
Just before Serenity Painted Death:"we're going to play a song now... that we never play... because it's very difficult to play. so we don't like playing it. it's a good song, but we don't like to play it. ... we don't like to play this fucking song."
"we usually play one encore... but as you know... you get two!"

Thanks for these remindings :) It was an awesome night..
They came to Turkey 2006 March. For a moment at middle of gig Mikael said: "My dick is small so I don't fuck you tonight" and then there was a slince for a few seconds..

Stockholm a few years ago.

Mike: "Håll käften" ("Shut up") imitating this guy from the movie "Strul"

Mike talks about the movie "Strul"

Band plays a song

Mike talks between songs

Someone in the audience: "Blire nån andra vers eller?" ("Is there gonna be second verse or not?") imitating another guy from the movie "Strul"

Mike cracks up laughing

I were there too. amazing that it was nearly dead silent to and the only one that you could hear was Mike and those two guys.

Mike did a pretty funny presentation of Axe too at that concert but I can't remember it something about Axe being a band-hora (band-whore since he had done a lot of work in many other bands before "settling" in Opeth).

At Hellfest in France 08.

I'm not sure if these are the exact words he used, it was hot & I'd had a beer or three.

"It's so great to play here at Hellfest. There are so many great bands playing here except for Opeth. We are Immense."

"We are going to play for you a song from the new album called Heir Apparent, it's about the piece of skin between the pussy & the ass."

Birmingham, UK, 08 I think?

First time they'd ever played Wreath live

"So, we've never played this song before, so if we fuck it up... well" *gives the finger* "fuck you!"

The band proceed to play Wreath absolutely flawlessly, and as soon as the last note is played...

*gives the finger* "fuck you!"

At the Dublin gig...

Mike (pointing to a guy): "Why are you here? Cos we fucking rule."
Mike (another guy): "You? To see our sexy bodies."
Mike (third guy): "And you? To make us dinner afterwards."

Mike: "You're not afraid of ballads are you? Do you want to dance?"

Mike: "I wanna see lighters in the air. NO cellphones. We're gonna play one from - that's a cellphone - Damnation."

At the Dublin gig...

Mike (pointing to a guy): "Why are you here? Cos we fucking rule."
Mike (another guy): "You? To see our sexy bodies."
Mike (third guy): "And you? To make us dinner afterwards."

Mike: "You're not afraid of ballads are you? Do you want to dance?"

Mike: "I wanna see lighters in the air. NO cellphones. We're gonna play one from - that's a cellphone - Damnation."
Haha that was classic!

Also at the Dublin gig Last night:

Mike: (takes his guitar and holds it out to the audience like a phallus, and gets the audience to basically maul his guitar...does this for a few minutes...)
Mike: (holds up guitar and kisses it)
Mike: "It has been blessed"

"Welcome to this grothole. We are only paying here because we always wanted to play in a fucking grothole!" - at Blank Canvas in Leeds, which is basically a bar under some railway arches and a few portable heaters, or thereabouts.

"Of course there are other great bands from Sweden... Abba, Roxette, Europe, Arse Enema. Don't worry, Arse Enema are our friends."

"We are not going to play another song until you name all the members of Europe... This next one is called Joey Tempest is a cunt."

"I love you... Cool, meet me out back. Bring the double intruders."

during the progressive nation tour in minneapolis...

mikael: "as the famous dee snyder once said...

its time to rock out....with our cocks.....in"

starts playing baying of the hounds

Last night at Shepherds Bush Empire:

Mike, whilst introducing band members, something to the effect of "and standing over there on keyboards...........we shaved off all our pubes and taped them to his face.......per wiberg!'

and about Axe 'The guy has the most metal sounding name of us all, it has two metal words in, Axe..........and Rot!!'

After leaning his guitar over into the crowd where it was almost wrestled from his hands and took a big struggle to get it back *smiling* "ok, that was a bad idea!........hmm still in tune!" :headbang:

Didn't he say "He shaved off all our pubes and attached then to his face"? That was hilarious.

Did you see his expression when he was trying to get the guitar back? The guy who was pulling it who was right next to me got a talking to: Mike: you (better) fucking let go *wags finger* LOL

Quebec city october 26 2006

-Mike: We got 2 more songs to play!
Crowd cheers
-Mike: Here's the first! (he played a chord)
Crowd cheers
-Mike: Here's the last (he did a shitty chord who sounded really bad)
Crowd cheers
-Mike: You like it???
Crowd Cheers
-Mike: KILL THEM!

-Mike: We got a new single out! You know it?
Fan screaming: THE GRAND CONSULATION
-Mike: What???? WTF you talking about...I dont know that song

Quebec city september 20th 2008

(mike playing a riff)
Mike: ROCK N ROLL!!!
(Plays the same riff)
Mike: HEAVY METAL!!!
(Plays the same riff but a huge feedback happened)
Mike: SHIT SOUND!!!

-Mike: We got a new album out! it's called Watershit!

Mike is talking on the mic and axe is playing is snare

-Mike: STOP PLAYING THAT FUCKING SNARE YOU FUCKER

-Mike: We done lots of retard stuff in our life...one album was the most retard album we ever record ,it'S called damnation. Our metal credibility was on Hold. But metalheads are retard. I know that because i am one.

that's fuckin' funny ahahaha:lol::kickass:

The Netherlands, Baarlo, 2000:

Guy: "Mike, are you stoned?"
Mike: "Yes, we are." Smiles from one ear to another.

Germany, Essen or Bochum, 2004-2005:

Guitar was put out of tune and Mike says: "Scooter fucked up my guitar"

Last night at Shepherds Bush Empire:

Mike, whilst introducing band members, something to the effect of "and standing over there on keyboards...........we shaved off all our pubes and taped them to his face.......per wiberg!'

and about Axe 'The guy has the most metal sounding name of us all, it has two metal words in, Axe..........and Rot!!'

After leaning his guitar over into the crowd where it was almost wrestled from his hands and took a big struggle to get it back *smiling* "ok, that was a bad idea!........hmm still in tune!" :headbang:

Yeah that was funny actually, especially when that guy tried to nick the guitar :lol: