Mikael's live quotes

Tuesday in Amsterdam:

"I've got a piece of hair stuck somewhere down my throat. I think I might start vomiting... on YOU! *pointing at someone in the audience*"

"This is Mendez. He sees his guitar as an extension of his cock. He likes to play around with it quite a lot. *crowd cheering MARTIN* That's about enough! Save all your energy.. for ME!*"

"Today I visited a coffee shop for the first time in my life. And I might be the first person who actually drank coffee there."

"This is the first concert that was sold out on this tour. Which means only one thing: You guys.. are fucking high indeed."

"I have good and bad news. The good news: This is the last song. The bad news? This is the last song."

:lol: These were all awesome.

on sunday in vienna (this might be known anyway, i don't know...i thought it was hilarious :lol:...):

mikael tells a story about recording "harvest". he refers to the lyric part mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr...

mikael: "when i came out of the recording room, everyone was laughing. i said, why are you laughing? then steven wilson said: those lyrics sounded like....born of cement, but it's me who's tomato"

(audience cheers and laughs)

then mikael says, that he is sorry if we now can't listen to that song again without having to think about that misheard part*. :cool:

* i can't remember the exact words of what he said, but i am sure you get the idea ;)

Mikael gets real unnecessarily stupid sometimes but he is great from time to time.

on sunday in vienna (this might be known anyway, i don't know...i thought it was hilarious :lol:...):

mikael tells a story about recording "harvest". he refers to the lyric part mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr...

mikael: "when i came out of the recording room, everyone was laughing. i said, why are you laughing? then steven wilson said: those lyrics sounded like....born of cement, but it's me who's tomato"

(audience cheers and laughs)

then mikael says, that he is sorry if we now can't listen to that song again without having to think about that misheard part*. :cool:

* i can't remember the exact words of what he said, but i am sure you get the idea ;)
Rofl. That's amazing. I totally mishear that whole chorus all the time. Not sure why.

In Vienna last Sunday:

"We played golf today... on the X-Box. How's that for heavy metal credibility?"

*before watershed was released*
Mike : im going to play 5 songs and if you guess all of them we'll play an encore

*plays 4 songs*

*plays coil*

everyone yells out "coil"

Mike: How the fuck do you know that

lol i remember that, that was the montreal show:)

Same night he said something like;
"This guitar is in an open D minor tuning. so that when i strum all the strings, it makes a pretty chord. who. the fuck. cares." then played BotH iirc

lol i remember that, that was the montreal show:)

Same night he said something like;
"This guitar is in an open D minor tuning. so that when i strum all the strings, it makes a pretty chord. who. the fuck. cares." then played BotH iirc

Yeah and that part when he talked about Open D Minor tuning, he played a sample of Reverie/Harlequin Forest.

2 September 2008, in Perth.

It was a few months ago, so I don't remember the exact words:

"This next song is fucked up. No, it's not called 'fucked up', but it literally is fucked up."

They then played The Lotus Eater.

He also made some jokes about Dee Snider eating children, but I can't remember...

09.12.2008 in Stuttgart

"Today, my name is Frank", "Frank Stallone", "The brother of Sylvester Stallone"

5th of September in Melbourne Australia

From what I can remember

*After one of the songs: "Who's heard the new Metallica Album?” *Crowd cheers*"Tonight we're going to play the whole album in full.....”*Crowd cheers* "Not really.”

*Who here has the new album? fans cheer
"Who likes the album?" cheers "Who doesn't like the album?" Some people raise their hands then Mike goes: "Gaurds.....Kill 'em!"

Then when talking about Mendez cutting his hair he goes ‘Mendez walks in with no hair one day and we go “Mendez why did you cut your hair?” “Cos I wanted to.” Doin Mendez in his deep serious voice.

Dunno why mike used to just say : this next one is called.....thank you very much....we're gonna continue with....(just like lamentations ) and watched few videos after the GR release maybe, he talked so much to the crowd (like in Roundhouse tapes) !! he isn't shy anymore? :p

I have a question...has he always done this at concerts or is this more in recent years? He said some funny stuff at the concert here in Dallas. Most of these is improvisational comedy it seems. He has a very good ear and can hear one person in the audience say something and will respond.

The funny stuff is on the Roadhouse DVD. Some strange, random sentences coming from people. One was "how is your wife?" He replies, "She is doing fine, thank you."

My favorite on that DVD was someone asked him of all things "What did you have for dinner?"
He answered, "I didn't have dinner. There was no time for dinner they said. They just said... "go out and rock the motherfucker."

That was classic!

2008 adelaide show.

cant remember the most of it. but.

After saying something about hair metal
"Brett Michaels is a little girl"

and after giving us a quiz on the names of kiss members.
"gene simmons complete knob head"