What is your purpose for using the avatar, title and signature?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
to be funny?
to tell others about yourself?
to get a point accross?
spur of the moment thought?
no reason?
none of my business?

my reasons:
title - I still think I coined "Opethian"
signature - how I think (I don't use quotes from other people)

All 3 of them - Being In Character. I think only Duval realizes but the Tzimisce are an arcane clan of vampires from the Carpanthians...Actually my character's full name is Lord OtSearn Et Frakg of clan Tzimisce better known as The Misanthrope.

Title - That is one damn funky duck.

Signature - One can never be absolutely certain.

avatar - Kreator is my favorite band and that picture is really nice, too.

title - a lyric part from a really kickass song (Carcass - Embodiment)

signature - cool lyric from Kreator, and also a link to my own Kreator site that i want people to visit to :)

Avatar-I don't have a pic of myself on computer,I don't know where I've got this pic but I like it :)
Title-It reminds me of an important person
Signature-:D Inside thing....

my name is easy to remember because of my e mail address, the avatar is on of my favorite cartoon characters BRAK and the rest is kind of self explainitory, i guess...especially my current title (if you are a hot female):p

Avatar: Baldur´s gate 2 character portrait
Title : ?
Signature: One kick ass Opeth song!

Every part of this alias has a deep phychological meaning.

My name, Belial, is used in various translations of the bible as a synonym for Satan or his followers. In Miltons "Paradise Lost", Belial is described as the demon of impurity. One of the fallen angels. My nick is used in relation to Miltons, to capture how the outside world preceives me. Many people think I am impure, or a spreader of impurity. It can also be construed from it's biblical meaning because many people think I'm just plain evil.

My Avatar is describes how I feel about myself. Notice how half his face seems that it's being... consumed by something. I feel that I am being consumed by parts me (like my sexuality). It also symbolizes how I feel that I am caught between two worlds. It also brings the question. "Is that part of him consuming the rest, or is it merely melding with his core spirit to strenghten him as a whole?" He is smiling, so I guess you know which one I think is true.

My signature, Dead Hand Of The Past, is litterally defined as: "the influence of the past regarded as controlling the present". It symbolizes my past as a clinically depressed, nihilistic, misanthropist, and how that past influences my present by giving me the strength to live for today and to better myself.

Well, that's what my identity means...

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel

Title - That is one damn funky duck.

Signature - One can never be absolutely certain.

yeah i love that duck :lol: :D its fucking awesome, where d'you get it from?

hmn as for me, i was bored, so i put it up. it seemed i was the only one who had posted more than 200 posts or something without a pic thingy. the ones i really wanted didnt come out properly, so i just leave my Kataotnia one up there and the signiture is Katatonia too, hmn, you'd think i love that band...:rolleyes:

I will use this space to discuss the author of my signature.

I just finished reading a book on Mark Twain last night (the complement to the latest Ken Burns documentary), and he is the man. He is as close as I have to an idol. He was completely ahead of his time, with his disdain for racism, the hypocrisy of religion, and society in general. Nearly everything the man said is brilliantly worded, capturing just the right amount of satire. A fascinating person. I wish he could be my friend. :)

Originally posted by Lina
transparent, i much prefer this one over the zyklon/gun one. ;)

hmn, well...:rolleyes: that Zyklon one was my 6th or 7th choice as the others didnt come out, but that was the only Zyklon pic i had, and i just liked it as i almost didnt buy it because of that pic, anyway Katatonia rule! and ffuck you to that Bloke that had a world 0v worms t-shirt on yesterday, my friend asked where he got and the man replied...Norway (i think). damn! :loco:

Well they're all relevant to my nick.. that goes to my future avatar as well. Scythe, Rage & Roses (title) was the first ever DT song I listened to and got me into swedish stuff. Insanity's Crescendo (signature) is simply my favorite DT song and it's got GREAT lyrics.. I really like these 4 lines.

Avatar - its always a album cover of something, don't know why either hehe
Title - great song by Vintersorg!
Sig - I had a sig once that just showed the Vintersorg website, I think with the way I talked about Vintersorg I helped some people atleast check out the mans music anyway.

Avatar- One day I decided to get an avatar and that's who I got. A peaceful old man in a hat seemingly saying "Hail, Hail, Eris, Eris"

Title- Opeth lyric I love. Could easily apply to me in my relations with the outside world.

Signature- From the Principia Discordia and it's kindda funny.