What is the purpose of an argument?

Thank you. *I just burst out crying*

I feel like shit. I've got tears running down my face, my heart hurts, my throat has a huge lump in it, I'm hurt, and I feel degraded that I've been here all night trying to defend myself from multiple people. I don't need any more debates today - I haven't slept all night and I feel like shit anyway, and I have to go to work in 20 minutes...

Originally posted by E V I L

This is absurd and, I suspect, the very core of her grievance. Thread after thread, post after post- all dedicated to the unjust mistreatment of another human being, who only happens to be an insomniac. Read the context: there are several threads on the board - all of which are anti-Jannet threads- - how else should she take things? Even Jayde didn't get it this bad. It's fucking appalling. She's ganged up on and you guys think she's not going to be sensitive about it? It looks like we're made of the stuff which we as misanthropes hate, doesn't it? This board astonishes me.

I hope, Jannet, more apologies will be forthcoming. Though..allow me this aside: you did misunderstand the purpose of my other post. It's moot now, so I won't address it, unless you want me to.

I understand your point, however I've had nothing but good intentions towards Jannet. The post I devoted to her was a serious question about how she has so much time on her hands, and this very thread was my failed atempt to learn how her mind works. I really don't know how it turned into this angst ridden intellectual abortion.

I wish to be on good terme, but how can that be accomplished when every two words you say are taken as an insult? I honestly have no idea how to speak to Jannet without getting her mad at me, and now I'm wondering why I am bothering to try.

@ E V I L...I did not insult Jannet in anyway...I just stated my opinion...I thought she over-reacted...I don't see any posts against her..People are amazed that she has this many posts in so little time....Again just joking around..

No harm done..

Originally posted by Somberlain
@ E V I L...I did not insult Jannet in anyway...I just stated my opinion...I thought she over-reacted...I don't see any posts against her..People are amazed that she has this many posts in so little time....Again just joking around..

No harm done..

Intentions, yours, his, hers- this is irrelevant. It's the stupidity. Do distinguish.

This is ludicrous.

Why take offence to some dudes' response from across the fucking world...?

*shakes head*.

Originally posted by Trapped
This is ludicrous.

Why take offence to some dudes' response from across the fucking world...?

*shakes head*.

No this is ludicrous.

Why would anyone be offended by anyone? Your just adding but another insult to injury. Why would you get offended by certain people in your life? why would Belial, for instance, get offended by how his family treats him etc? The list goes on and on ad infinaetum.

And, besides: what are you saying? Do you admit to being an asshole? It's cool to be an asshole so long as it's on the net right?

Originally posted by Belial
E V I L. Can you point out one point where I went at Jannet maliciously? And when it became obvious that she was offended, did I not apologize? (more than once).

Your apologies were noted. (And by the way, I love the fact that you type out my name as is: E V I L. It shows consideration. Jannet hasn't had this consideration. That's all the point I'm trying to make)

Belial, you are one of the few people who posted something that I agreed with. And I said so! But when I tried to "help you out", I got blasted for it. I only had good intentions, I was trying to be supportive, I thought. Look at the entire thread and read it...tell me where I went wrong...I'm sick of my entire posts being viewed as generalized, I'm sick of people thinking I'm not an ideal parent(Lina), I'm sick of people thinking I'm a stupid bitch (Wolff), and a whore (per misanthrope's words) - and this is all a joke, per EVERYONE, telling me to put my son in chocolate and that I should be aborted. I've been slandered every possible way. And now I'm being picked on because I have a lot of posts. I've explained it so many times as to why I have time to write. Just leave me alone about it, ok? Yayogack (or something) wrote that I'm taking so much space and that I should not feel the need to respond to every single thread. All these people have some kind of advice "don't post so much", "don't generalise", "don't take jokes as insults." I swear, half of you (according to the who is the youngest here post) are younger than me, and when I'm here, I feel like I'm a 5 year old! I'm damn sick of it already. I have a mind not to post to anything but the word assosiation thread - at least I'll be safe there. And Somberlain, you didn't see 4 threads created just for me? Stop. and Jannet this, and one pointing out the number of posts I've had....EVERYONE (since you're so damn intelligent) knows how to check for personal posting information. Another joke, huh? I'm sick of fucking jokes. Stop the joking already. I've had my share of jokes. I just want to puke. *I've got a damn headache now*

And, besides: what are you saying? Do you admit to being an asshole? It's cool to be an asshole so long as it's on the net right?

:lol:

okay.

I was just stating the fact that it is stupid to let someone offend you. that's all.

Originally posted by E V I L

And by the way, I love the fact that you type out my name as is: E V I L. It shows consideration. Jannet hasn't had this consideration. That's all the point I'm trying to make)

Did I miss something?

Originally posted by Jannet

Did I miss something?

(sorry got disconnected)

Let me clarify. I wrote: "And by the way, I love the fact that you type out my name as is: E V I L. It shows consideration. Jannet hasn't had this consideration. That's all the point I'm trying to make"

"Jannet hasn't had this consideration" should read "Jannet hasn't been given this same consideration (from Belial, et alia)" I hope this clarifies things.

Belial, you are one of the few people who posted something that I agreed with. And I said so! But when I tried to "help you out", I got blasted for it.

I blasted you? Was it the "you-act-like-my-brother" joke?

I only had good intentions, I was trying to be supportive, I thought. Look at the entire thread and read it...tell me where I went wrong...I'm sick of my entire posts being viewed as generalized, I'm sick of people thinking I'm not an ideal parent(Lina), I'm sick of people thinking I'm a stupid bitch (Wolff), and a whore (per misanthrope's words) - and this is all a joke, per EVERYONE, telling me to put my son in chocolate and that I should be aborted. I've been slandered every possible way. And now I'm being picked on because I have a lot of posts. I've explained it so many times as to why I have time to write. Just leave me alone about it, ok? Yayogack (or something) wrote that I'm taking so much space and that I should not feel the need to respond to every single thread. All these people have some kind of advice "don't post so much", "don't generalise", "don't take jokes as insults." I swear, half of you (according to the who is the youngest here post) are younger than me, and when I'm here, I feel like I'm a 5 year old! I'm damn sick of it already. I have a mind not to post to anything but the word assosiation thread - at least I'll be safe there. And Somberlain, you didn't see 4 threads created just for me? Stop. and Jannet this, and one pointing out the number of posts I've had....EVERYONE (since you're so damn intelligent) knows how to check for personal posting information. Another joke, huh? I'm sick of fucking jokes. Stop the joking already. I've had my share of jokes. I just want to puke. *I've got a damn headache now*

This disturbs me.

You see, I come here, to the Opeth forum, to relax and unwind because I have nowhere else to do that. I live with a family that dislikes me, I have no real life friends, and I have a shit load of stuff I have to deal with on my own. I'm 18, yet sometimes I feel like I'm 38. I come here so, at least for the time being, I can let loose and forget my worries. This in turn helps me to deal with real life with a better perspective. So, you can understand why I am disturbed that the source my comfort is the source of your dismay.

This is the first time I ever felt like this forum was a battlefield, a place where I have to defend myself from accusations and face angry responses to everything I post. I blamed you for that, since all this friction came solely from my interactions with you, but reading what you've written, and reading some other posts it appear this forum hasn't exactly been peachy to you as well.

I still believe a lot of the tension here is in your mind and you have an undeniable tendancy to read WAY TOO MUCH into what people post here and take things to heart way too easily, however I now think that you're grievances have validity too.

I appreciate you taking the time to actually see where you went wrong (and how I could have taking your statement the wrong way) and correcting it. I wish more people on this board did this. Thank you.

I appreciate you taking the time to actually see where you went wrong (and how I could have taking your statement the wrong way) and correcting it. I wish more people on this board did this. Thank you.

hmm, I'm not sure if this is directed to my post. But your welcome anyway. Anything to help a fellow New Yorker. :) Did you say you're in Yonkers? I'm familiar with the place- Central Ave, Getty Square, etc. :)

Originally posted by Trapped
Coroners report: Spinal degradation caused by repetative strain of the neck-vertebre 2, 3, 7. Tendon damage to index, ring, and middle fingers on both hands. Advanced cataract-tumors caused by excessive exposure to radiation being emmitted from a home PC monitor.

Cause of death: Spontaneous Human Combustion, cause unknown.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Belial

This disturbs me.

You see, I come here, to the Opeth forum, to relax and unwind because I have nowhere else to do that. I live with a family that dislikes me, I have no real life friends, and I have a shit load of stuff I have to deal with on my own. I'm 18, yet sometimes I feel like I'm 38. I come here so, at least for the time being, I can let loose and forget my worries. This in turn helps me to deal with real life with a better perspective. So, you can understand why I am disturbed that the source my comfort is the source of your dismay.

This is the first time I ever felt like this forum was a battlefield, a place where I have to defend myself from accusations and face angry responses to everything I post. I blamed you for that, since all this friction came solely from my interactions with you, but reading what you've written, and reading some other posts it appear this forum hasn't exactly been peachy to you as well.

I still believe a lot of the tension here is in your mind and you have an undeniable tendancy to read WAY TOO MUCH into what people post here and take things to heart way too easily, however I now think that you're grievances have validity too.

Maybe I'm just not clear enough. I didn't get blasted by you; I got blasted by other people. You know you didn't blast me - I should have said "and then I get blasted by other people for trying to give you advice." I must learn to be more accurate in what I'm trying to say.

Belial, I've been here 9 days, (funny how everyone is keeping track of this but me), and I see it this way: I've had TOO much to say as a newbie, and people are not respecting me for it. It just boggles my mind that slander and epithets from other people towards me is not minded, but if I post an opinion, I've got 20 people down my back! It baffles me that people post absolutely useless threads, and then I get blasted for taking "too much space" in a thread. It's mindblowing that I get sliced and diced by Misanthrope, and cursed at by Wolff, and everyone sweeps it under the rug and state: "joke" is at work here, laugh it off, it's a funny..hahaha...And finally, some people take the time to post HUGE essays, and for some reason I'm told "slow down your posting,". One of these huge essays can equal 15 of my little posts, so I don't see the difference. There's a HUGE double standard here that I've noticed, and I sure as hell don't like it.