Mikael's live quotes

most of the stuff he says isn't actually funny, but everyones so in love with him that anything he says is hilarious

ye he's obv a nice guy, but if like what he says was said by someone else it wouldn't be funny

its not what he says, its the way he says it, he has that very calm attitude even when he 'teases' the other band members or even when he jokes around about his dick ..

@ Nasty-Fire
Some dude on here has made an exact copy of my siggy and just changed a few words it says

"Dick liaisons raised this monumental park
The sun sets forever over Jack Frober park"
:lol:

its not what he says, its the way he says it, he has that very calm attitude even when he 'teases' the other band members or even when he jokes around about his dick ..

@ Nasty-Fire
Some dude on here has made an exact copy of my siggy and just changed a few words it says

"Dick liaisons raised this monumental park
The sun sets forever over Jack Frober park"
:lol:

nah you're probably wrong, he's just not that funny imo

He told a pretty funny story at the SF show:

"And now the drummer... Axe. You know he told me this story the other day. It's a bit vulgar so I'm sorry... He was fucking this chick on a toilet while in a club and the owner didn't like it so he busted open the stall door and threw him out. Then he told me that he went back about a week later... and took a shit in the sink."

Also in between songs the guys next to me where yelling for Mikael and he said in this rocker voice thing:

"Yeah I'm tunin'! I'm tunin'! Can ya feel it?"

... that was probably the funniest thing all night actually. He told some other jokes but they were pretty erk-worthy.

Dude, you rule for:

Mentioning the tuning part (I almost pissed myself laughing)

Listening to all of the Axe joke, since I could hear most of it.

I remember at Myrtle beach last year after they got through playing Serenity Painted Death mike was bitching about how hard that song is to play.

Heres a quote from when they came to houston last year. Sorry if some one already posted it...

"Do you guys like to dance?"

*crowd cheers*

"I hate dancing...but I'v always wanted to do some robot type stuff, but thats pretty much it. When I was younger, we would go to wild parties, and before any of us would start to screw our girlfriends, we danced to The Scorpian's ballad songs. As a band, a while back we decided to write an album that just makes you guys want to dance. So we wrote an album called Damnation :) We're going to play a song from that record right now, its called 'Hope Leaves.'"

Just saw Opeth at Metaltown, and even though Åkerfeldt didn't have time to say a lot, he said something that was pretty funny.
"Jag gillar Göteborg, det är en fin stad. Synd på folket bara"
Which in english is something like: "I like Gothenburg, its a beautiful city. too bad about the people tho"

And the setlist for those who're interested:

1. Heir Apparent
2. Ghost Of Perdition
3. The Leper Affinity
4. Closure (extended jam version)
5. The Lotus Eater
6. Deliverance

I can't remember exactly what he said but this was at Hammerfest (Wales) in April when Mike was introducing The Leper Affinity:

"This song is kinda difficult to headbang to. I once watched a guy in the crowd trying to headbang to it but he got confused and started doing this...
*Mike juts his head to the side like he's having a fit*
"...and he fell over."