Mikaels new solo project

No one is looking for "thanks".... just know that I wouldn't post anything without being confident in what I'm posting regardless of my exact source/sources.

Edit: Sorry but I don't think there's any need for a "News" thread. The official site is the definitive source for all news OPETH. If there is other news that comes out on the forum here and there it will more than likely appear in threads that discuss a specific subject like the DVD thread or this one for example. Mike may pop in now and again and volunteer info which will obviously be "Confirmed" and reliable so consider that a benefit of being a regular reader/poster of this forum. I'm not a news source as such but do try to be informed as best as I can and can usually get information verified if I'm unsure. I'm going to do that for the details of the DVD's release for example....

Undertsood sir:cool:

^That track was a demo specific to the MÅ/SW project. All SW w/ programed drums, etc. The Ålmighty is currently writing... writing for everything. Lots of work will get done for both the next Opeth record and the side project... but I can't see any release other than the DVD in '07.

My 2 cents

:erk: I hoped for a 07 release but atleast PT wil release an album this year.

Since Mikael seems to be experimenting more and more with realms outside of death metal I was gonna guess the solo project was gonna be a collaboration with world famous dj/producer Dangermouse. Together Mikael and Dangermouse were gonna remix the entire Elvis Christmas album and feature artists like JayZ, Nas and Weird Al on guitar plus Natalie Portman singing, aaaah Natalie Portman :)

I cant wait till this album hits stores I also heard a rumor the album was gonna be called "Fire in my Cousins Basement", but this is only a rumor.

My psychology teacher used to best friends with Dangermouse. His best man at his wedding was Dangermouse, pretty tight stuff, they put out an album called Pelican City, Brian Rappelfield. Check that shit out.