Mike Akerfeldt to leave OPETH?

Probably not but he should and just concentrate on BLOODBATH cause these guys are way better and he should just do this full time!

http://www.myspace.com/bloodbathband

Bloodbath_Logo.png

Can't recommend their live dvd "The Wacken Carnage" enough! Look forward to the new album guys. :headbang:

bloodbath_0592.jpg

Bloodbath.jpg

Ya, you just scared the shit out of me!
Not nice :mad:

Now be a good boy and get along...us opeth fanbois are all over the place :heh:

Heh, funny thread-title there. :)

Jonas and Anders are almost as busy with Katatonia as he is with Opeth so there is no reason for him to quit Opeth for Bloodbath as he has time for both.
What do you think of the new EP?

Heh, funny thread-title there. :)

Jonas and Anders are almost as busy with Katatonia as he is with Opeth so there is no reason for him to quit Opeth for Bloodbath as he has time for both.
What do you think of the new EP?

Actually i don't have it yet. Got "Ressurection Through Carnage" and "Nightmares Made Flesh" as well as the live dvd/cd obviously but looking to get the debut and new ep asap!
What's your take on the new stuff?

First spins it was a bit of a disappointment, its different from the other releases, not as catchy, not in the same way anyways.
But it grows alot with time, I can safly say that its their best release, I cant get enough of it now, its so fucking great.
I guess it has more of a Morbid Angel feel to it, both musically and production wise, more muddy sound. Mikes growl on this EP is the best ive ever heard.

Are we talking Bloodbath's best release or Opeth's best release?

Hi there Qth, welcome to the Lycanthia forum, I notice your post count so you have been with UM a while.

What do you think of Lycanthia and how did you find out about us?

s

I was talking about Unblessing the Purity, Bloodbaths new EP.

Hi and thanks. Yes I joined 2004 as you can see, been reading stuff here since 2002.

I found out about you through this forum, the name of this thread caught my eye while I was browsing the Official Metal Band Forums, hehe.
I have only heard the stuff on your MySpace, sounds pretty solid, you have a Draconian-thing going there, I love them. The female vocals doesnt really do it for me but the growls are awesome, keep it up! Cheers.

Bloodbath's recent EP was amazing! Definately some of their best work to date.

Caught them live the other week at Party.San in Germany and they were easily my favourite band of the festival....fucking fantastic! Bring on the new album!

If by "stolen" you mean thrown into a fire as an insurance write-off and used to buy a half decent guitar then yeah, I'd believe that.

I'm not surprised, particularly it being a rare item.

I keep telling my band to be aware of where there equipment is at all times.

Steve Vai had this famous one stolen, (Yankee Rose film clip).

m_desp1.jpg

From Steve Vai

"Most of my guitars were ripped off this June [1986] from the rehearsal studio [for the DLR Tour] in Pasadena." - Steve Vai

All except his green Charvel, his main ax, were stolen "Thank God I had that one with me" he sighs. "I keep it with me all the time. But all the others are gone."

v_stole.jpg

s

this is actually a very sad and upsetting story which i probably will never be able to come over and probably should made an official statement about already back when it happened, but i was still hoping for the guitar to come back to me... yes, it's true - the guitar was fucking stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was stored in a rehearsal room where diabolical masquerade were gonna try out things again (yes, now u know that as well....)... the only bands rehearsing there were/are: grave, unleashed and souldevourer. NOBODY ELSE else have access to this place and it was guarded by alarm, codelock and normal keylocks. there's been no break and entry. it's an insider job but without suspects... well, if u'd line up all the people in those bands, the criminal would be amongst them, but it would still be impossible to point him out...and i also dont want to accuse and hang out people that would prove to be innocent. the whole thing was ofcourse filed with the police, but they've nothing to go on....

we put up notes everywhere telling the person to anonymously return the guitar and the nightmare would be put to and end, but the person has failed to do so and now many months have passed by.... It's gone!

as u might have guessed, this guitar was unique and existed in only one copy and was customized for me, thus it's simply invaluable to me while it's honestly more or less worthless to anyone else, since it wouldnt be possible to use it anywhere in the public light since it would be spotted and recognised due to its trademark and original design.

secondly, i cant believe how these thieving lowlife actions are done within such a tight scene... how could this person think he would get away with it? well now it seems he did, but what good is it now that he would have to hide the guitar for all eternity.... to whom would he sell it? where would he use it? when would he use it?

MAY U ROT IN HELL!!!

spread the word!

it's honestly more or less worthless to anyone else, since it wouldnt be possible to use it anywhere in the public light since it would be spotted and recognised due to its trademark and original design

what good is it now that he would have to hide the guitar for all eternity.... to whom would he sell it? where would he use it? when would he use it?

Pretty good points :err: