Mike's comment about death growls.

I love 'em all - howl or growl.

Mikael's clean voice is breathy and expressive - it carries so much more emotion than any vibrato squeal.

Do you think we'll ever hear any live background vocals by Peter or Martin (or Martin?) - or is that out of the realm of possibility?

I'm beginning to get anxious for D2.. has it gone too far?

Originally posted by BlackParagon
You know, I must be one of the luckiest fuckers here because not once have I ever had a single complaint about any aspect of Opeth. Nothing about them rubs me the wrong way. I guess I'll stop taking that for granted.

same here

Most bands growls evolve over time, becoming deeper and louder. Daylight dies went from high pitched to extremely deep. The new Opeth growls are deeper than before. Im not sure if its because they couldnt do the deep growls before, or if they like the deep growls more than they used to. Or maybe it has something to do with the quality of the albums, the production ussually gets better over time..

Well I like the vocals on all the albums, but i think I prefer the so called "weaker" growls. In mist she was standing seems to always get me with its sections of desperation growls.

I prefer his growling vocals(My Arms, Your Hearse-Present) much more than the higher pitched screaming he did on the first two. I don't dislike that style but It just sounds better to me when he growls. Especially on the last three albums. He has even surpassed David Vincent(ex-Morbid Angel for those of you who discovered death metal six months ago) as my favorite growler of all time!

i love all his vocals, i think the vocals on orchid and morningrise are a little more haunting and atmospheric, which i love, but also his more deep death metal growling is good aswell, i think the more howling ,haunting stuff fits good on orchid and morningrise and the death metal vocals go amazing with the later stuff.
my fave album for vocals though is my arms your hearse. theya re grim and evil.

Opeth - I like the singing on all their albums as they tend to suit the actual they're on well. While not my favourite singer for that more aggressive style (Which happens to be the guy from Aeon) he is pretty damn good. He takes the cake as the overall singer though. I have no complaints about any of th Opeth albums. They're all pretty damn good.

Decapitated - Their singer was mentioned earlier. The only reason I don't like this band a whole heap more is because of the singer. The words bland, monotonous and boring come to mind.

*Waits for the death squad*