mikes got a grammar error

I my line of work, technical writing comes into play quite often. I use "due to" a lot, as it is more professional sounding than "because of". If reportable issues arise, then "due to" is a better choice. It's all in the way it's used, i guess.

In other words, tell 'em what they wanna hear!;)

I disagree that it's more professional-sounding. People think it's more professional-sounding, just like saying 'I' when they should say 'me', or misusing reflexives.

I'll put it this way: I see what you mean when you say, 'Tell 'em what they wanna hear,' because lots of people do seem to mistakenly believe that it's more 'professional', but then again, the people who know better are going to be annoyed, and the people who don't... well, what are they going to care, anyway?

I disagree that it's more professional-sounding. People think it's more professional-sounding, just like saying 'I' when they should say 'me', or misusing reflexives.

I'll put it this way: I see what you mean when you say, 'Tell 'em what they wanna hear,' because lots of people do seem to mistakenly believe that it's more 'professional', but then again, the people who know better are going to be annoyed, and the people who don't... well, what are they going to care, anyway?

I understand where you're coming from, but when I write a report of an occurance, I use "due to" because most of these occurances are the result of something. See what I'm saying?:cool: