Mike's Vocal!

wow, this is really fucking cool. especially the acoustic part at the beginning. i love fast, frenetic acoustic stuff.

riffs are cool, pretty good production. pretty interesting drum part.

vocals are excellent when growling. clean could use a bit of work, but they're certainly not bad. little dissonant on the tracking.

overall, a very good song. i'm gonna download your other songs. i hope to hear more from you guys in the future.

It seems to be blatant Opeth worship with a little more Gothenburg style thrown in, but it's very well executed. The clean vox need work, not because they're bad, but because they don't really fit the music. Too much like power metal vox, not ethereal enough.

Very impressive, and I don't think it's blatant Opeth worship, your riffs aren't quite the same a them. Even the dual harmonies don't sound anything like what Opeth did... they're not 'folky' enough. I don't like folky dual harmonies to be honest... leave the folk music to the hicks.

But i am seriously impressive. Your drummer is quite good. The production is pretty nice.

Oh by the way, I don't think you sound anything like Mikael, it's too much of a raw kind of yell ... like older Soilwork and In Flames. That's not a bad thing at all, I like both kinds, but I don't think you sound anything like Mikael at all.

Originally posted by Iblys
Oh by the way, I don't think you sound anything like Mikael, it's too much of a raw kind of yell ... like older Soilwork and In Flames. That's not a bad thing at all, I like both kinds, but I don't think you sound anything like Mikael at all.

Well...Mikael's growl was pretty damn raw on Orchid and Morningrise...one of the rawest roars I've ever heard.

Different kind of raw I guess. Maybe raw isn't the word i mean. Whereas the singer in Soilwork yells and spits out the words, I feel that Michael more 'properly' growls them... it's less of an emotive screaming fit and more of a polished vocal delivery.

Man, i'm getting lost in my own words. Wonder if any of you know what I mean.

hey decadawn,
I know your band now for nearly a year and you are great!
I'm advertising your mp3s all the time ;)

BTW, I don't think you sound like mikael...lol

Thanks a lot guys for the comments!..

I'll have 4-5 new songs recorded in a week.. I'll let you know when the mp3's online..

BTW, I've just heard that Opeth will be playing here in January!!! :)

Nice smooth vocals. Similar to Mike in that they are smooth, but not as deep. Reminds me of Dark Tranquillity vocally.

Great music.

I will make an effort to listen to more of your songs.

And that intro is amazing.