Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 1. Mills

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • 2. Mesa

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 2. Mills

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
I'd say that 1 is the Mills and 2 is the Mesa.

There are elements in each I like. My preference in tone would fall probably right in between the 2 clips, though. Clip 1 sounds more defined and in your face, clip 2 is smoother and a bit scooped.

For the song, personally, I think clip 2's tone works better.

They sound damn close to my ears honestly; I'm gonna say I prefer 1 as IMO it sits a bit better and doesn't have the slight graininess of 2, but the differences are so subtle that if anything I'd guess they're more from the unavoidable differences in sound between two V30s, rather than the cabs!

but the differences are so subtle that if anything I'd guess they're more from the unavoidable differences in sound between two V30s, rather than the cabs!

Really? The differences are pretty drastic in my opinion... if you listen to the first clip then the second back to back, the second sound like its missing A LOT of detail in the playing... I figured you'd hear that since you're such a stickler for guitar tone... haha.

Really? The differences are pretty drastic in my opinion... if you listen to the first clip then the second back to back, the second sound like its missing A LOT of detail in the playing... I figured you'd hear that since you're such a stickler for guitar tone... haha.

I am a stickler, but it still sounds subtle to me!

1 sounds smoother, so it makes me think that's a Mesa...
2 seems a bit more prominent on the mids, although the tone is still pretty good and cuts through better...

I think I like 2 best in this case...

1 sounds smoother, so it makes me think that's a Mesa...
2 seems a bit more prominent on the mids, although the tone is still pretty good and cuts through better...

I think I like 2 best in this case...

Wow, I think the exact opposite. I think the mids are more pronounced and defined in clip 1, with a smoother overall tone and a bit more scooped mids in the second clip.

Wow, I think the exact opposite. I think the mids are more pronounced and defined in clip 1, with a smoother overall tone and a bit more scooped mids in the second clip.
Dunno, I've double checked after your comment and I still think 2 has more stuff going on in the 600Hz region, which sounds pretty clear to me on the riff that starts at 0:10...

Dunno, I've double checked after your comment and I still think 2 has more stuff going on in the 600Hz region, which sounds pretty clear to me on the riff that starts at 0:10...

I agree, I feel 1 is slightly more scooped, which is why I mentioned I think it sits better

I'm going to say 1 is the Mesa cab, and 2 is the Mills. To my ears, clip 1 sounds more like the Mesa V30's.

1 sounds a little fizzier. Based on previous clips, I'd say its the mills.

Ok tell us noaaaw!