Milwaukee Metalfest

Ya have to figure that Jack would usually start promoting his fest in January of the year, he would already have bands and headliners lined up, he didnt even post the bands that are playing until July! Now thats ridiculous, I kinda seen it coming with such short notice, no one was going to go. Consider this fest dead in the water, unless Jack can pull something out of his ass for December. He should've been on that shit last December!

I can confirm that Jack Frost of 7 Witches hates Koshick with a passion after 2004. In the next few weeks, Wormwood Chronicles will have an in-depth interview with Frost where he really lets Koshick have it. :devil:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but it really is a shame. I went to every one from 1996 one and had some of the best experiences of my life at Metalfest. Plus, it was really cool hanging out at a place where you can talk seriously about underground metal with just about anybody you meet.

R.I.P. :erk:

As if this dead horse needs to be beaten anymore, here is an official statement regarding the cancellation of Metalfest:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milwaukee Metalfest 19 Postponed

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Milwaukee Metalfest scheduled for July 29 & 30 has been postponed. The new dates are Friday and Saturday December 2 & 3.
A year ago when we set the dates for this year Milwaukee Metalfest, we never imagined that this would happen. Within 2 weeks of the this years fest we are up against every major metal tour of the summer: Ozzfest, Sons of the Underground, Lalapalooza, Rock Never Stops, The Gigantour, Tony Hawks Huck Jam, The Milwaukee Rally (Harley Fest) and to a lesser extent Bon Jovi at Miller Park (free show). Because of the over saturation of talent in such a short period of time every one of these events are hurting attendance wise. Not to mention the 90 plus degree weather we have been faced with for the last month. I regret that this decision was not made earlier as we pulled the trigger on Saturday.

I feel it is in the best interest of the Metalfest to postpone our dates to December 2 & 3, 2005, with the pre-show Xmas Bloody Xmas taking place at VNUK’s on Thursday December 1. All tickets for the July dates will be honored. This rescheduling will give us time to revamp the lineup and give the supporters of Metalfest a show to get excited about. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your support for these past 19 years and we will see you in December.

Sincerely,

Jack Koshick
Producer – Milwaukee Metalfest

It's offical...Metalfest's been postponed till sometime later this year (Can't remember date offhand...too much beer). Rumors are that Jack didn't have a hell of a lot lined up (and judging by that band list...good LORD that's awful), and also most bands didn't wanna play there because Jack owes everyone money. I remember when Metalfest used to be THE thing. Now, it just seems a shell of itself. Closest thing I'll ever get to a metalfest is probably the ones in NJ..and even those are doubtful.

Oh well...at least there's Gigantour -l- :headbang:

Jack Koshick, the organizer of the Milwaukee Metalfest, has issued the following statement regarding the reasons for the postponement of this year's event:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Milwaukee Metalfest scheduled for July 29 & 30 has been postponed. The new dates are Friday and Saturday December 2 & 3.

"A year ago when we set the dates for this year Milwaukee Metalfest, we never imagined that this would happen. Within two weeks of the this year's fest we are up against every major metal tour of the summer: Ozzfest, Sounds of the Underground, Lolapalooza, Rock Never Stops, Gigantour, Tony Hawk's Huck Jam, The Milwaukee Rally (Harley Fest) and to a lesser extent BON JOVI at Miller Park (free show).

"Because of the over saturation of talent in such a short period of time every one of these events are hurting attendance wise. Not to mention the 90-plus degree weather we have been faced with for the last month.

"I feel it is in the best interest of the Metalfest to postpone our dates to December 2 & 3, 2005, with the pre-show Xmas Bloody Xmas taking place at VNUK's on Thursday December 1. All tickets for the July dates will be honored. This rescheduling will give us time to revamp the lineup and give the supporters of Metalfest a show to get excited about. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

"Thank you for your support for these past 19 years and we will see you in December."

Hey, Requiem Aeternam is in the lineup (we need all the exposure we can get at this point). My bet is people are gonna get majorly screwed over this. I have doubt this will even take place and that bands who payed to play will see their money at all. I'm not the one who signed us up for that, had it been my decision.. well ya know. ;)

lets hope though..