MIX MY BAND'S SONG *TRACKS AVAILABLE*

botus99 really like the width on ur mix and the punch. can u share any details on what u did to the guitars and drums ?

Glad you like it bud :cool:

A lot of the punch came from the Voxengo Crunchessor I had on the master fader. There's a couple free plugs I pasted all over this mix. One's called Rescue (http://rekkerd.org/bootsy-releases-rescue-vst/ check it out guys) and the other is TesslaSE (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202790&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)those make everything sound better just by going through them.

Guitars I EQ'd:
120hz hi-pass
500hz boost (1.5db)
1kz boost (1.5db)
5kz boost (2.5db)
10kz low pass

Drums came with a lot of help from Slate's samples (Never Snare Z3 w/ a Led Snare Z4, Green Kick Z1, and New Maple Toms 2z3/4z3). Snare is completely replaced. Kick is about 50/50 with the original.

Heres an updated mix I just finished up
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13476

Sweet mix dude! What did you do for the guitars and snare?
Glad you liked it! I used samples for the snare. Slate samples (Green snare Z1 and Dream snare Z2 IIRC...). I didn't do much with the guitars. HP and LP, boosted some high mids (around 3.5khz) and took out some low mids @ 315hz & lows @ 130hz. Tamed some of the lows with multiband compression.

Did anyone else notice that the guitars sound a bit different after the quiet break? They are a bit brighter than in the beginning of the song. Was this intentional?

What gear did you use to record the guitars? I really like how they sound. That Saving Nothing song on your myspace has really nice guitars too!

Oki Doki heres my final mix, its NOT masteret, just turn it up!!

I havent done any drum replacement as I thought it didnt need it, so I just used the tracks as they came.
Had a bit of trouble figuring out how to place the vocals but I think I hit it right!?:loco:

Mixed ITB on a Pro Tools HD2 system.

Hope you like it

Morten

SoM Final Mix

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Some of the vocals are off a bit, but no matter :) Is it possible to get an instrumental of your version? I think we are going to re-track vocals. Because a bunch of tracks were lost. And it will be a better take :kickass: But it sounds SICK

Some of the vocals are off a bit, but no matter :) Is it possible to get an instrumental of your version? I think we are going to re-track vocals. Because a bunch of tracks were lost. And it will be a better take :kickass: But it sounds SICK

:)

Yeah, sorry about the timing of the vocal tracks. I really didn't put much effort into realigning them, partly because you kept on telling us you'd probably redo them anyways. IMHO, they are not bad per.. They do however need quite a bit of re-aligning, overall as well as inter-song/splitting wise. To me that means total paranoia and hours of work, shifting bits and pieces single ms back and forth.. But I'd do that if I knew you liked the overall sound of my mix ("been there, done that" arrghh..). But, ..it would be easier just knowing you guys are generally happy with what your recorded material sounds like.. (if there's such a thing as being completely happy about something one's recorded..) Though your drums, guitars, and bass have been tracked very nicely!

So what about the format of the instrumental version, an mp3 like the one I just posted, minus vocals? What would you use it for? Just curious, of course I'll do that, tomorrow, it's 01:56 AM here right now. You'll however notice how hollow and strange the mix sounds without them! Once you're done, feel free to hand the new vocal tracks over to me/(all of us) so I can re-integrate them into the mix again.

Cheers,
Hoeglund

:)

Yeah, sorry about the timing of the vocal tracks. I really didn't put much effort into realigning them, partly because you kept on telling us you'd probably redo them anyways. IMHO, they are not bad per.. They do however need quite a bit of re-aligning, overall as well as inter-song/splitting wise. To me that means total paranoia and hours of work, shifting bits and pieces single ms back and forth.. But I'd do that if I knew you liked the overall sound of my mix ("been there, done that" arrghh..). But, ..it would be easier just knowing you guys are generally happy with what your recorded material sounds like.. (if there's such a thing as being completely happy about something one's recorded..) Though your drums, guitars, and bass have been tracked very nicely!

So what about the format of the instrumental version, an mp3 like the one I just posted, minus vocals? What would you use it for? Just curious, of course I'll do that, tomorrow, it's 01:56 AM here right now. You'll however notice how hollow and strange the mix sounds without them! Once you're done, feel free to hand the new vocal tracks over to me/(all of us) so I can re-integrate them into the mix again.

Cheers,
Hoeglund

That is actually why I wanted to hear the instrumental :) To try and hear how you mixed in the vox :)

Instrumental's here: http://boxstr.com/files/2596861_n9skz/Product%20Of%20Circumstance%20-%20Hoeglund%20v2%20NoVox.mp3 (yesterday's link again with the vox in: http://boxstr.com/files/2588116_ttvux/Product%20Of%20Circumstance%20-%20Hoeglund%20v2.mp3)

Not a remix, I simply killed the vocal tracks incl. their sends, which noticeably affected the complete chain of downw/upw comps, eq curves, limiters, ...

Hahaha. I keep putting the mix up and then mixing it again some more.

Okely. This is my latest mix.

Poida's mix with Natural Drums

I decided to practise with no triggering so the drums are 100% as played/natural (besides plugins of course). But you know what I mean (no sound replacement).

I actually think I got it sounding better this way!