mixing metalcore/post-hardcore guitars

ale.escapethefate

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2013
Kansas city, Kansas.
Hey guys I need help mixing guitars, I use reaper and only use two guitars, rhythm and lead. I have two guitars with two child tracks under it, one track is 20 to the left and 20 to the right and the child tracks are panned 50 each, it sounds weird to me.

Can you guys help me?

Here's the audio link http://db.tt/vO4Z6iFQ

I also have another question, do you know how to make pod farm take less cpu? My processor isn't that amazing and it crashes our distorts when I have 4 pod farm vst opened.

Thank you :) :loco:

Hey guys I need help mixing guitars, I use reaper and only use two guitars, rhythm and lead. I have two guitars with two child tracks under it, one track is 20 to the left and 20 to the right and the child tracks are panned 50 each, it sounds weird to me.

Can you guys help me?

Here's the audio link http://db.tt/vO4Z6iFQ

I also have another question, do you know how to make pod farm take less cpu? My processor isn't that amazing and it crashes our distorts when I have 4 pod farm vst opened.

Thank you :) :loco:

The video below (above now) is helpful. You should also be panning 100-100. 20-20 and 50-50 sound bizarre because nobody pans them like that :p

Honestly in that clip the guitars should be the least of your worries, your drums are distorted as shit. Kick is way to loud and clipping, the snare sounds like a pencil hitting paper. Work on the drums first.

Whoa, that's some pumping mix. Seriosly, don't aim for volume right now, try to settle every instrument in its place to glue it all together. In other words: Pull those faders down until your drums don't distort anymore, your guitarsound will profit from it.
When your done and your mix isn't clipping anymore, you should try and program your drums in a more livelike way, which will also help the overall sound. Then get back on working on the guitars. Effects like a reversed snare etc. should be the last step of finetuning.

Downy

Pan the rhythm guitars wide. L100 and R100. There is not bass guitar, bass literally makes up 50% of a good tone in a mix. And you have some issues with out of tune takes etc. Also, what LowellWolfe said. It's not something you will learn overnight. It's something most of us are still trying to master, not matter how long we have been doing this