Mixing Practice 2 (fast heavy hc)

ShallowEulogy - my fav mix so far! What did you use for drums and guitar? Really diggin the glue to it as well. thanks everyone so far!

-avi

Wow thanks for the kind words man! Appreciate it!

Drums were a mixture of Slate/LSD, probably about 3/4 samples per drum and then blended to taste.
-Kick was about 60/40 sample/actual drum sound, going into CLA-3A compressor.
-Snare is 100% sample, this because there is still a lot of snare bleed in the overheads. Goes into CLA-76 compressor.
-Toms were probably 70/30, going into CLA-3A.

EQ wise i do a lot of cuts here and there, and a little high shelf boost at around 10 khz wit a wide Q so that it doesn't sound too dark.

-Overheads are going into CLA-2A, EQ wise i think i did a low-pass at around 350 hz, made a dip around 2 khz and a little notch at around 8 khz with a wide Q.

As for the guitars ; they are all Lecto going into Greg's Impulse boosted with an TS from PodFarm, except for the middle guitar track which is Lextac. But i kept that one pretty low in the mix so the guitars sound better seperation-wise. EQ wise i did some surgical cuts here and there, not pretty sure what exactly

Hope that this helps! If you guys like i could probably doing a movie of me breaking the mix down and showing you guys what samples i blended and so on.

the mixes just get better and better! loving it fin! Could you post details on what you used? If people are interested, I'll post another song soon. This is fun! haha

Wow thanks for the kind words man! Appreciate it!

Drums were a mixture of Slate/LSD, probably about 3/4 samples per drum and then blended to taste.
-Kick was about 60/40 sample/actual drum sound, going into CLA-3A compressor.
-Snare is 100% sample, this because there is still a lot of snare bleed in the overheads. Goes into CLA-76 compressor.
-Toms were probably 70/30, going into CLA-3A.

EQ wise i do a lot of cuts here and there, and a little high shelf boost at around 10 khz wit a wide Q so that it doesn't sound too dark.

-Overheads are going into CLA-2A, EQ wise i think i did a low-pass at around 350 hz, made a dip around 2 khz and a little notch at around 8 khz with a wide Q.

As for the guitars ; they are all Lecto going into Greg's Impulse boosted with an TS from PodFarm, except for the middle guitar track which is Lextac. But i kept that one pretty low in the mix so the guitars sound better seperation-wise. EQ wise i did some surgical cuts here and there, not pretty sure what exactly

Hope that this helps! If you guys like i could probably doing a movie of me breaking the mix down and showing you guys what samples i blended and so on.
nice info dude, i love la3a on drums too

About 2 hours work, no samples. any feedback would be great.

cheers and thanks for uploading the files..

:)

Last edited by a moderator: