MMA

So I'm going to join 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu :)

I'm tired of getting submitted by my gym buddies everytime we go..the only thing I can do is get a kimura in here and there, but for the most part I get beat..

Little do they know I'm coming back with some crazy triangle chokes etc in a months time!

Anyone watch UFC 107? I went to a sports bar with a couple of mates and we ended up betting on nearly every match with the table opposite us, oddly enough they seemed to have the exact opposite guess on every single fight of the night (with the single exception of the Jon Fitch fight)

We ended up making well over 50 bucks each :) We nailed every fight! And wow there were some really intense matches I must say...and holy crap Frank Mir made extremely short work of Cheick Kongo! And BJ Penn dominated as usual...Diego Sanchez needs to stop being such a damn moron with everything from his entrance (YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!) to his damn stare-down where he just looks like he devoured a pack of Warheads

Went to Hooters to see it. Cheick Kongo is garbage and I don't know how he got that fight. His ground is terrible and average striking. I like Diego, but Penn is too good and dominates that weight class.

Clay Guida sucks ass man. He's a carbon copy of Forrest Griffin except smaller; he has a rock for a head and has pillows for hands. I was so happy to see Florian rape him last night, seriously.

Diego Sanchez was also highly overrated as well. B.J. Penn made him look like a freakin amateur and that made me feel good too. Go Flyin Hawaiian! YES! YES! YES! YES! YESTSEYSEYSEYApksyasykas

Congo was due for a beatdown, fuck him. Anyone who brags about intentionally kneeing people in the balls to gain an advantage deserves to get choked out like that. Did anyone else find it ironic to see him lose like that? Especially when Mir made that gesture at the weigh-ins when Congo turned his back on Mir. Dumb. Fucking. Move. Mir looked HUGE btw. He packed on at least 30 pounds of muscle. Although it's not too surprising once you decide to high a legit strength and conditioning coach. Expect to see him dominate the heavyweight division for quite some time.

UFC 110 is looking to be one of the greatest UFC PPV's yet..so many of my favorite old Pride fighters fighting :)

BUT despite the fact that Nogueira is one of my favorites, I really want Velasquez to win that fight because I think he is one of the more promising Heavyweights that are coming up, and let's face it, Nogueira only has a handful of fights left in him before he retires!

and Cro Cop BETTER fucking win this fight..he cannot retire from MMA with this shadow of failure! This is his second to last fight and I'm hoping that he will knock both of his opponents out as a last reminder that he is among the greatest fighters to have ever stepped in the ring

It's a shame Rashad Evans won that fight..I wasn't even expecting that fight to make the distance

Yeah I meant my expectations before watching it...I really don't like Rashad Evans at all and wanted Thiago Silva to beat the living shit out of him

Reviving this thread because I'd like some input from you guys..me and my brother just finished this Cro Cop Highlight video and thought I'd share it with you and tell me what you think:

Last edited by a moderator:
A great compilation, should have ended with Cro Cop getting Cro Copped imo though.

Cool.

It's a shame though that he's no longer that fighter. He hasn't evolved well enough to compete with today's heavyweights and he's seriously lacking the killer instinct he used to have. It's tough to watch him fight these days.

A great compilation, should have ended with Cro Cop getting Cro Copped imo though.

I didn't have the heart..at one point that was actually one of our ideas haha..but I love Cro Cop too much to put it in..I did put in some of his fumbles though, like his attempted axe kick in his fight against Sam Greco (of course followed by Cro Cop chopping his leg in half :lol:)