MMA

Who else loves watching MMA around here? Let's talk any and all things MMA.

UFC 105 is tonight as well. Discuss some of the match-ups.

On a side note, I just started my own MMA blog here if you are interested in reading it.
I like it, I'm not obsessed or anything but I do watch it from time to time, my friend usually buys the PPV's and I watch it with him and a couple of friends.

I like it...I don't watch it...but I do stay a bit up to date with what's happening...

GSP for life son...
Yeah me neither, and yeah GSP is awesome him and Randy Couture are my favorite fighters. Brock Lesnar is just a artificial human he's practically filled with steroids

Randy Couture is amazing.

To fight at 46 is just insane.

I would love to see Randy winning, his strategy is to clinch and take Brandon down.Although I dont think Vera can submit Couture, if Couture clinches with Brandon it could be a mistake.

Brandon Vera by KO round 3
He did win and it was a great fight, it was pathetic though how Vera started complaining afterwards he didn't do enough to deserve the win so I don't see why he had to be a sore loser.

I don't really want to see Mir vs Lesnar again.

I agree.

I don't have much faith in Carwin yet but I hope he beats Mir. I personally can't stand Mir, and I've always felt he was completely overrated and overhyped ever since the Tim Sylvia incident. I'd rather see Junior Dos Santos or Cain Velasquez get a title shot as I think Cain matches up very well with Lesnar.

I hope though that UFC can bring in Overeem though.

I'm disappointed that Belfort got hurt before his fight with Silva. That would have been a great fight. This will be a good test for Damian Maia though.

UFC-111-poster.jpg

GSP is gonna win another easy fight. Dan Hardy can't with him. Paul Daley should be the fighter against GSP tonight, cuz he is the best English at this moment.

I'm not sure about Mir x Carwin, don't know what's gonna happen.

John fitch and Thiago Alves would be great, but it's not gonna happen tonight, so, Fitch doesn't have a difficult work to do tonight.

Hardy is going to destroy Pierre. It's to bad am not renting this.

I agree with Vitor...there's really no reason why Hardy should win this fight. He's basically just got the proverbial "puncher's chance" against GSP and that's largely blown out of proportion because of the fluke-win of Matt Serra.

I really want Carwin to win so Frank Mir will finally shut up. Though I admit I don't really have a lot of faith in Carwin to win tonight...Mir's probably going to win. :erk:

I feel like such an opposite, I really don't get into UFC at all and maybe watch it once a month if it's on tv and I'm bored but I loveee doing martial arts. I've been doing Muay Thai for 6 months or so training almost every day twice a day for an hour or so and I'm not great or anything but I'm learning a lot and it's crazy jumping skill levels and being like whoa I don't remember being able to do this. Going from hardly being able to do a roundhouse to being able to kick so hard and precise that people crumple even while holding a kickingshield is pretty intense. I also do some Filipino martial arts stuff for fun with stick fighting, knife fighting and stuff similar to Wing Chun and I've done Penjak Silat a couple of times (which is insanely brutal) but Muay Thai is definitely my favorite.

The only person I like in UFC is GSP, he just seems like he has serious dedication and conditioning and an intense drive to win and get better that I think is awesome.

Frank Mir and Hardy lost in the same night. You gotta be kidding me.

It definitely is becoming more hype-oriented but I don't mind that. Honestly, I'd rather someone say he's going to KO his opponent or insult him than the usual fill of "well, he's an excellent fighter so I'm going to have to train hard" etc.

But generally, I only watch MMA PPVs and don't pay attention to TV. I may watch UFC countdowns on occasion.

I got tired of boxing partially because it's all money first. You've got a few different guys within a weight class that are all title holders because of all the meaningless belts out there, and they'll never fight each other unless they get paid ridiculous amounts of money. They'll trash talk and the fights will never be made.

Even regarding James Toney, what an idiot. He comes over to MMA trying to make an easy paycheck (because it's an easy angle to sell) and gets offended when he's not offered the kind of money that he's used to in boxing. The whole time he claimed it was UFC who wasn't willing to make the signing happen then UFC makes him a fair offer and he rejects it. Now that he is signed, I wonder how much they actually agreed to pay him.

Hahaha, Mir is very arrogant, but yesterday he swallowed that shit, and as i said, GSP is GSP, the best weterweight in the entire world. I don't know why Dana had chosen Hardy to fight with GSP, cuz there are a lot of better fighters than him.

and Tom, i like to watch boxing, but Pacquiao and Klitschko don't have a challenger good enough to beat them, don't you think???

talking about the ufc heavyweights, i don't enjoy so much cuz the best fighter isn't there, called Fedor. Lesnar or anyone can be even equal them him. FEDOR FTW!!!

Isn't Fedor fighting Werdum next? Not sure why...Werdum's striking is very average and Fedor has already proven he can deal with elite level jui-jitsu.

I'd like to think that there's still a chance Fedor could fight Overeem! Though Fedor's management has said they would want Overeem to test for steroids first :lol:

And UFC's heavyweight division isn't so bad because they've got Dos Santos and Cain Velasquez.