MMA

Should be a good card though I would've preferred to see Belfort vs Silva. I think Maia can pose a threat if he can take the fight to the floor, I'm not entirely sold on Silva's ground game to be honest.

Yes, Belfort vs Silva would've been a great fight. Maia should be able to put up a decent fight coming off a very disappointing loss.

EDIT: I forgot Maia aleady had another fight and won it.

Sad is the fact that i can't watch the K-1 event live. Belfort isn't ready to fight with Silva, he must fight with another fighters to bring back his skills into the octagon. Silva is clearly better than GSP, but this fight we will never see, cuz wouldn't be fair with anyone. the only way would be a catchweigth fight between them.

I'm not sure that Belfort would've been ready for a fight with Silva either but I was still looking forward to that fight because Silva would've actually been fighting someone with exceptional striking skills. It would have been a very entertaining fight to watch too.

But I think Maia can definitely pose a threat to Silva. I'd say Maia at least has a better chance at defeating Silva than anyone else in the division.

And regarding a Silva-GSP fight, I don't think things are so one-sided for Silva. If GSP could avoid getting hit and secure a takedown, then I think GSP would win.

I don't have your certain about Maia. Anderson Silva got the best stand up game of the division and he isn't weak on the ground, and that's the reason for my opinion about GSP against him. A fight between them would be unfair cuz the difference of weight could be an advantage for both sides. If Silva lose weight to fight with GSP, i believe that GSP would win, cuz Anderson would be very weak, and if GSP gain weight to fight against Silva, Silva would win cuz GSP would be very slow, but the difference between them is the technic, and Silva got more than GSP, imo.

Forest Griffin being humiliated by Silva is by far the worst fight ever. I doubt anyone wants to see that fight again. It was the most embarrassing fight bar none.

Griffin is a good fighter but the fight against Silva presented probably the worst style match up possible for him, and it was a hilarious fight. Wasn't the KO punch actually a jab? I forget. :lol:

And with Silva, no one currently at 185 is going to outstrike him so you have to look at grappling and who's better at that than Demian Maia?

And I know both Silva and GSP cut a lot of weight for their fights so perhaps GSP would be more likely to fight heavier, since it's closer to his natural weight. I don't imagine this fight will happen any time soon though.

I knew that Silva cut a lot of weight to fight, but i didn't know that about GSP. I'm not sure, but if GSP really wanna fight with Silva, he must start to fight with a lot of fighters from Silva's division. I just have one certain: Silva never will be a welterweight fighter, so or GSP gains weight or we never will see this fight happens.

Maia? no answer. just waiting for a good fight.

I'm mostly excited about the Hughes vs Gracie fight! The BJ Penn fight is going to be embarassing, and the Silva Vs Maia fight could be promising

Anderson may be likely to win but I hope Maia brings a good gameplan. He is a great grappler with awesome takedowns so he just has to avoid getting KO'ed (like with Mardtquart) and then who knows might may happen. Travis Lutter had a glorious opportunity to beat Silva but he was out of shape and fought embarrassingly lazy - I hope Maia does not fight like this.

I think Penn will dominate the fight with Edgar though Edgar might be tough to finish.

Even though Hughes is in better shape and more active, who knows how hard he trains for fights these days. It wouldn't surprise me if he started good early and took Gracie down but got submitted. I hope the fight doesn't go to a decision though.

I'll post this in black in case people haven't seen the fights yet:

Gah, I was really hoping for a grappling match between Hughes and Gracie...

As for Edgar-Penn...I'd have to re-watch the fight. The first round not much happened, the next three were close, but the final round Edgar won. I thought the fight would be more exciting, more back-and-fourth action, and that Penn would get the better of it.

Just based on notoriously poor mma judging, I figured the scores would all unfortunately be 50-45 for Penn as the champion/favourite usually takes close rounds "just because" it seems. So I was more shocked because it wasn't a lopsided misjudging in favour of Penn than I was that Edgar won. :lol: But like I said, I'll need to re-watch.

As for Silva-Maia...I honestly keep losing respect for Silva, this isn't the first time he's fought like that. Kudos to the ref for threatening to take a point away if he kept running and not fighting, and to Maia for landing some good strikes in later rounds. I guess you can say Silva ran away with the decision...:Smug:

Overall, a rather disappointing but strange card...

i just lost all respect for Silva many months ago. He is annoying. If he thinks be so better than the opponent, so finish it soon, for god sake.

Also i blame the UFC organization, cuz they don't bring a real challenger for the middleweigth division.

Edgar x Penn must have a rematch. wtf was that, boxing???