MMA

i just lost all respect for Silva many months ago. He is annoying. If he thinks be so better than the opponent, so finish it soon, for god sake.

Also i blame the UFC organization, cuz they don't bring a real challenger for the middleweigth division.

Edgar x Penn must have a rematch. wtf was that, boxing???

Yeah, Silva seems to be more arrogant in interviews and does a lot more showboating during fights these days. Like, I'm not saying he should put on exciting fights and risk losing but he should at least come to fight and not run/dance away. Lyoto used to do that a lot too and it's irritating to watch. It's one thing to be a counter fighter but it's irritating how some fighters will completely, utterly rely on their opponent to engage and press the action, only to turn away and run.

And I expected Edgar-Penn to be full of boxing but I didn't think it would actually be a boxing match! They definitely need a rematch.

Also, apparently Silva's camp has said that Silva wouldn't mind dropping down to 170. I think a catchweight makes more sense but I hope UFC makes that fight happen.

Yeah same here, I was going to go to a bar and watch it tonight, but now it's kind of pointless..although I could go in there and win 50 bucks off of some die hard BJ Penn fan who didn't read the results.

It was a pretty lame card given the talent on it, what it could have been.

And wow, Dana is incredibly upset with Silva. :lol:

I guess I can't blame him though, this was a very important event and a lot of people were left disappointed.

Dana left after the fourth round and gave the belt to Silva's corner because he didn't want to be the one to put it around Silva's waist.

Well, about the spoiler, sorry guys, but pointless is see a MMA topic without know the results. A friend of mine don't enter on the internet if he doesn't know the results.

And Dana can't be upset with Silva. He must brings up decent opponents for the division. I blame Dana for the arrogance of Anderson Silva. Shogun x Lyoto will be much better, i hope.

Silva didn't have shit to be arrogant about. Looked like an idiot doing a bunch of taunting and prancing around the ring. If he was truly superior to Maia he should have taken him out.

Yeah exactly..plus anyone catch Silva being such an asshat in the first round then go in for the superman punch and fall flat on his face?! That should have been a signal to stop fucking around

BTW I watched the post-fight press conference and wow..Dana White was so fucking mad, he spent the first 10 minutes just straight out blasting Silva and saying that he might be first champion to ever be fighting on a prelim (obv. not true but funny ragevent) but when Silva himself came out to answer questions he just upped the ante of being a jackass..when asked why he was acting like that, he claimed that Maia had disrespected him like no other fighter had before and that Silva was deeply morally injured and wanted Maia to be thoroughly punished...he kept avoiding exactly what Maia had said to him because the questions kept coming in very vague like ("What did Maia do to upset you" etc) until one guy finally asked for a specific thing that Maia had said...and lo and behold the most offensive comment in UFC history to date: "I'm going to take one of the Spider's leg with me home"

Yet he never thoroughly punished Maia. He got like two lucky shots in that cut his face up and other than that Silva looked scared by doing nothing.

WOW. Calm down people. One thing is the arrogance of AS, also i think he's a hypocrite, cuz he doens't respect anybody, but another huge different thing is that yes, he's much more technical than anyone else on the division, and superior.

Wat?

Also let's not just blame AS for the crappy fight, Demian Maia was frustratingly cowardly in the fight too...some of AS taunts were so careless that Maia could have EASILY hurt (if not even knocked out) Silva due to the ridiculous proximity between Maias fist and Silva's unguarded chin...unfortunately he only capitalized on the taunts that were way too far away..I guess he felt more comfortable swinging at the air than at Silvas face

The majority of the fight consisted of Anderson trying to get Maia to engage so he could counter with his superior striking. It would have been absolutely foolish for Maia to play into Anderson's game like that.

I realize Maia could've been more offensive and attempted more takedowns but Anderson baited Maia for an eternity and Maia didn't show any signs of falling for it.

To me, the equivalent to this fight would have been Maia laying on the floor for most of the fight trying to get Anderson to engage so he could pull off a submission with his superior jui-jitsu. Obviously, MMA favours striking so this isn't really going to happen with out the ref standing them up. Maia tried that a couple of times, but if this was to happen for the majority of the fight then I would've been more upset with Maia.

Not to mention, in the last couple rounds Anderson was really reluctant to fight, even backing away.