MMA

Dan Henderson is fighting this Saturday, on strikeforce. Looks like a pretty good card, can't wait to see Mousasi fight.

Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson

Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship
Gegard Mousasi vs. Muhammed Lawal

Strikeforce Lightweight Championship
Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki

Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Tim Stout
Zach Underwood vs. Hunter Worsham
Josh Schockman vs. Cale Yarbrough
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Pennington
Andrew Uhrich vs. Dustin West
Chris Hawk vs. Ovince St. Preux
Tom Campbell vs. Cody Floyd

I love Mousasi and I hope he kicks the living shit out of King Mo..man I can't stand that fucking asshat!

Gah, that was a disappointing card.

Especially with Mousasi...I know both fighters are young but I thought Mousasi was further along in his career. Sometimes it looked like he purposely allowed Mo to get the takedown (maybe to work a submission) but couldn't get anything going. He won one round but generally looked incredibly lazy, like he didn't even train for the fight.

I'm not surprised by the other two title fights, but I really didn't want to see Shields win. Henderson always seems to wilt after a couple of rounds and his takedown defense isn't great for someone who is so highly regarded when it comes to wrestling. Shields had a good second round, but the last three were just lame. He got takedowns and basically sat on Henderson and showed some of the most ineffective ground-n-pound I've ever seen - my grandmother hits harder than Jake Shields. :lol:

It was a great fight, I thought Jung totally won though...but the best fight of all-time was in Pride, Don Frye vs Takayama:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM&feature=related[/ame] :lol:

That is fucking hilarious,dudes need to brush up on their boxing skills.It's great to see these guys pummeling each other, the big dude took heaps of shots.Nothing better than seeing two dudes go toe to toe.

It was a great fight, I thought Jung totally won though...but the best fight of all-time was in Pride, Don Frye vs Takayama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM&feature=related :lol:

The Frye Vs Takayama fight is one of the most legendary fights in MMA history no doubt...but I'd have to strongly disagree that it was the best fight of all time. It's more like the best brawl of all time!

When it comes to the best fight of all time I'd have to go with something more technical with a couple of shock moments and switching of the upper hand..one of my favorites that comes to mind is Josh Neer Vs Melvin Guillard, but then again I'm also biased as I am a Neer fanboy :)

Some gifs from saturday night..some spoilers:

Jason McDonald breaking his leg
2rmsgle.jpg

Paul Daley's sucker punch
6f9gr4.jpg

Alan Belcher faceplanting Cote
fx9bv4.jpg

Kimbo's double slams
2mi5oa8.jpg

Where is Machida getting knocked out? lol

I thought I would never see the day he got knocked out.

It's a shame Paul Daley couldn't handle his emotions and got kicked out of the UFC. I thought he had potential. Kimbo Slice is also out of UFC.

Also, St. Pierre vs Koscheck for the coaches on TUF 12.

Where is Machida getting knocked out? lol

I thought I would never see the day he got knocked out.

It's a shame Paul Daley couldn't handle his emotions and got kicked out of the UFC. I thought he had potential. Kimbo Slice is also out of UFC.

Also, St. Pierre vs Koscheck for the coaches on TUF 12.

To be honest, I'm not shocked by the Machida-Rua fight. I did not expect Shogun to KO him and end it so quickly as I thought it would be far more drawn out like the first fight - which I thought Rua won. I think the first time both guys had a lot of respect for each other and did not engage as much as they could've. However, this fight it was evident from the very start that Shogun knew exactly what he was to do to win and did not hesitate to execute it, like in his old pride days.

Shogun is one of my favourite fighters and fans of his know that he, for several years, has been considered #1 at LHW. He had some bad injuries, stuff going on in his personal life, and not to mention he seems to be one of those fighters who needs to be pushed when training for fights. I was so disappointed with his performance in the Forrest Griffin fight, and even the Coleman rematch despite winning. The Liddell fight gave me confidence that the 'old Shogun' was back though.

And I always knew Lyoto would eventually make his way to the top of the division but I think too much was made of him, and his "elusiveness." Gah, I am so sick of hearing that, and I could care less if Goldberg regards Lyoto as the most elusive fighter in UFC history - to me, that just sounds absolutely ridiculous! The fact that he was so "elusive" meant to me that much of his game remains largely questionable. Nevertheless, he is still an excellent fighter.

I think Daley deserved to be kicked out, as I think UFC took advantage of a great opportunity to make themselves look good by cutting him. They can't condone acts like that if they want people to regard mma as a serious sport. It's not legal in many key states/provinces because of how people perceive mma to be. And a while back, Dana made mention that he would cut Anderson Silva if he put on another performance like his last. Zuffa really likes to have complete control over their fighters so in part, I think they're using tactics to re-enforce the idea that they are bigger than the fighters. Obviously Dana White is a hypocrite so who knows if Daley will be back, and plus Dana only owns like 9% of the company anyways so I don't know if Dana was speaking on his own or Zuffa's behalf.

I am not shocked either, good for Rua. I think they are both great fighters..Machida's deceiving technic and great defense...Rua's power and determination. The right fighter in Rua, with his intelligence and pure knockout power can crack even the best defense / technical fighters.