Antwain Britt vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante
Justin DeMoney vs. Jesse Finney
Vitor “Shaolin” Ribeiro vs. Lyle Beerbohm
Lee Brousseau vs. Francisco France
Michael Chandler vs. Sal Woods
Thomas Aaron vs. Eric Steenberg
Gregory Wilson vs. Matt Ricehouse
Darryl Cobb vs. Booker DeRousse

And also Shine fights will feature former boxing champion Ricardo Mayorga in an mma fight against Din Thomas.

Last edited by a moderator:
bullshit! that slimy, pos, don king got a judge to stop the mayorga-thomas fight, and in doing so, forced the shine promoters to cancel their whole event. man, I wish tyson would have finished him off when he had the chance.

In other news, alistar ubereem, has gone super saiyan 11, after his demolishing of brett rogers last nite.
could he be the one to beat fedor? I hope we to get to find out later in the year

214xpp4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That was complete bs. Ninja Rua was also fighting on that card, so that could have also been an exciting fight.

As for Overeem, I've been anticipating a fight with Fedor for a couple of years, around the time that he morphed into Ubereem. I'm not sure if he is on steroids but if he isn't then that's kind of scary.

It was rather annoying hearing Rogers and all of those strikeforce guys talk crap about Overeem and how he hasn't fought mma in the US since 2007 etc. They made it sound like he hadn't accomplished anything since then. Sure he fought some mediocre fighters since but he was also fighting in K-1! I'd like to see any mixed martial artist fight in K-1 and have the kind of success that Overeem did, let alone any. He only KO'd Badr Hari in their first fight - is that not impressive? And he literally turned Cro Cop into his bitch when they fought.

He is a much better fighter than previously, and his cardio is no where near as bad as it used to be but keep in mind he used to fight at 205. Plus his ground game is very underrated. Not to mention he is simply just super-human.

And really, Brett Rogers? As mentioned many times before, a couple of years ago he was changing tires and there were talks about him fighting Kimbo. People seriously thought he was going to beat Ubereem? He hits hard and throws really good combos - that was the only chance he had at winning, Overeem is a better fighter at nearly everything.

So with that win Evans will get a title shot against Shogun. Personally I think Shogun should be able to handle Evans. I think if Rampage would have won this fight, Shogun would have an easier timer against him. I'm glad Evans won, but I still don't like the guy.

My prediction for the Rampage-Rashad fight was that Rashad was going to win via decision 29-28. And as a result of the decision, I thought Rampage was going to blame the judges for his loss. Typically, Rampage will blame his losses on his own doing - never because he lost fair and square so a decision is clearly out of his hands. Obviously the latter didn't happen but...

Previously Rampage had stated that he had a good training camp, trained very hard, conditioning, cardio etc were all fine and he wasn't distracted at all by the film or affected by the layoff. He was motivated, healthy, and had no real injuries, the weight cut was fine. He didn't underestimate Rashad as an opponent.

Thus nullifying all of the usual excuses taken from the Rampage Jackson excuse checklist.

But I was wrong, and he used some of those excuses anyways. He should seriously have an asterisk beside his record being that that all of his losses are excused, and it would seem that he's virtually undefeated. He even stated in the post-fight conference: "I'm not a sore loser" ...What? :tickled:

Anyways, I think Shogun will KO Rashad, or submit him should Rashad decide to focus more on wrestling/takedowns than stand-up.

I am curious as to why lately in the heavyweight/light-heavyweight "big" fights, one fighter decides to just go defensive the whole fight until he loses by decision. Rampage was the latest to do this.

I'm not exactly sure if that's something of a trend or not. It does seem like elite level fighters are fighting more cautiously these days, and sticking to their gameplans. One simple mistake can cost them everything, and sometimes they do concentrate too much on their strategy and miss opportunities to end the fight if it involves taking a risk to step outside the gameplan to do something. I have no idea why a fighter who is losing on scorecards doesn't take a risk and try something in the final minute of the fight. But you generally don't get many elite level fighters who are risk-takers or hold the idea that "trading punches and seeing what happens" is at all beneficial because it generally isn't.

With Rampage, he did basically what I figured he was going to do when he announced that he didn't really have much of a strategy going into the fight. Stand in the centre and look to land a KO punch like he has done previously. I think that was more a result of a poor fight plan than anything.

I am curious as to why lately in the heavyweight/light-heavyweight "big" fights, one fighter decides to just go defensive the whole fight until he loses by decision. Rampage was the latest to do this.

I think the strategy for a lot of the heavyweights is to sit back and wait for an opening. Save your energy for a knock-out, which is really all Rampage can do.

Rampage and Evans are good fighters but they can't compete with the elites.

Evans will get his ass handed to him.

I was really hoping Fedor was going to win so he could fight Alistair. As I thought Overeem would be the guy to beat Fedor or at the very least give Fedor his toughest fight.

I'm not surprised by Werdum's win but Werdum is still improving as mixed martial artist so I definitely wouldn't place him at the top...but seriously, it was obvious how each fighter was to win tonight. I actually cringed when Fedor, after knocking down Werdum, carelessly dove in and started throwing punches without any respect for Werdum's groundskills. I'm not sure if he even really hurt Werdum but it doesn't matter who you are, that was just an idiotic move on his part. Maybe Fedor was trying to replicate what he did previously to Nogueira but this is Werdum, how many top level heavyweights have better jiu-jitsu credentials than Werdum? :confused:

A sad day it is to see Fedor lose, but now I may not get to see Fedor fight Overeem. :(

I have family in town during the Lesnar Carwin fight, and I am pretty sure they will have less than no interest in seeing the fight. 95% chance of missing it :( :( :(