MMA

Yeah, all the haters can stfu. I got sick of hearing "the next fighter" is gonna show him up. If you can take Carwin pounding on you for 3 minutes and come back and take him down and out in 2, what is the next guy going to do? That Mir loss was a lucky fluke (for Mir).

I still say Cain beats Lesnar. Cain is just a better fighter overall and I've always thought he matches up well with Lesnar. Don't forget Cain is a great wrestler too. Dos Santos will KO Nelson and I've been anticipating a fight between Cain and Cigano for quite a while. ;)

I must say I'm glad the ref didn't intervene and stop the Lesnar fight prematurely. Too often, a fight will be stopped when a guy is on top raining down punches even if his opponent is blocking them or defending them "intelligently." Tonight Lesnar proved he can face adversity and pull off a win but like I've always said I don't like Lesnar's chances on the feet, ever.

Yeah I think Brock did great tonight and I'm really excited about his next fight with Cain! I think Cain Velasquez is long overdue for a title shot and I'm quite positive he will KO Lesnar

Brock will probably be able to pound out cain, but he's going to sleep when he meets up with cigano dos santos next year. Brock's boxing is bad and he doesn't enough time to make the strides he needs to keep up with a technician like dos santos. enjoy brocks short reign while it lasts, fellas.

Brock will probably be able to pound out cain, but he's going to sleep when he meets up with cigano dos santos next year. Brock's boxing is bad and he doesn't enough time to make the strides he needs to keep up with a technician like dos santos. enjoy brocks short reign while it lasts, fellas.

This is exactly what has been said every time he faces a new opponent, just replace Dos Santos with Mir/Carwin/etc.

Hasn't happened. He won't be stupid enough to go toe to toe with a superior boxer. It's MMA, not boxing. They said last night he was probably sick during his previous two fights and may have been at only 65-80% effectiveness. So he is only getting better.

Sexyama lost.:bah:

I'm also glad the ref didn't stop the fight(Lesnar/Carwin). I actually think 50% of the other refs would have stopped the fight. I knew the fight was over when Carwin got taken down easily in the 2nd round.

This is exactly what has been said every time he faces a new opponent, just replace Dos Santos with Mir/Carwin/etc.

Hasn't happened. He won't be stupid enough to go toe to toe with a superior boxer. It's MMA, not boxing. They said last night he was probably sick during his previous two fights and may have been at only 65-80% effectiveness. So he is only getting better.

Carwin had arguably the heaviest hands in HW and Lesnar prevailed even after being pummeled. Again, there's nothing Velasquez can or will do that is going to stop Lesnar. The fucker is just crazy tough and is going to outlast anyone he fights against. That is unless he gets submitted.

No way Brock just stands with Dos Santos. He'll take him down and destroy him.
I never really liked Brock. But after lastnight, I kinda like the guy. There's just no way he loses.
Carwin and Mir are the closest to his size. Everyone else is small.

Although I am impressed with Brock's last performance, he is getting WAY too much praise for his work..if anything Lesnar will fall to the same fate as Mariusz Pudzianowski (5-Time World's Strongest Man champion who entered MMA a year ago) who is even bigger and stronger than Lesnar and is one tough mofo....he ended up tapping to strikes from Tim Sylvia

In Lesnar's defense, Mariusz has inferior wrestling skills so it might be unfair to compare them, but in the end they both have the exact same hype - they are both giants in their divisions with ridiculous ground pound and unparalleled strength (where Mariusz is bigger and stronger)

If you don't know who Mariusz is, check out his first fight (it's cringeworthy)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b7-kntLj60"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b7-kntLj60[/ame]

There is something to be said for being a natural fighter/training like a freak in various discipliines vs just being strong.

anderson silva, machida, and shogun are some of the weaker fighters (strength wise) in their divisions yet they dominate their divisions because of their speed and technique advantages. imo, it's no different in the heavyweight divisions. I can't wait to see brock to fight a young buck, so I can see you guys eat some crow

speed kills​

Last edited by a moderator:
anderson silva, machida, and shogun are some of the weaker fighters (strength wise) in their divisions yet they dominate their divisions because of their speed and technique advantages.
speed kills​

I don't disagree with you on what it takes to win a fight, but Lesnar is not slow, for all his muscle.

Just looked into cain's wrestling resume and its a lot better than I previously believed. Brock is going be in a world of hurt sooner than I thought. I can't wait to see the vegas odds for this one :)

I don't think Shogun is weak (strength wise).

actually, average strength is what I should have said. Believe me tho, those guys aren't close to the top in their divisions.

I give cain a 50/50 shot at beating brock while dos santos gets a 75 or 80 percent shot at doing it. I'll be putting my money where my mouth for both fights. I hope all the brock lovers out there do the same cause i'm hoping to see some lovely vegas odds. :loco: