MMA

I've actually picked Lesnar to win in all of his fights. I thought Randy would get mauled strictly because of Lesnar's strength, size and wrestling advantage. Frank Mir, I've always thought was highly overrated anyways and their first fight I thought was bs.

But UFC's heavyweight division really isn't that strong outside of Velasquez and Dos Santos who are very talented and promising. I know Carwin has been improving with each fight but I'm really not sure how much potential Shane Carwin really has.

I've actually picked Lesnar to win in all of his fights. I thought Randy would get mauled strictly because of Lesnar's strength, size and wrestling advantage. Frank Mir, I've always thought was highly overrated anyways and their first fight I thought was bs.

But UFC's heavyweight division really isn't that strong outside of Velasquez and Dos Santos who are very talented and promising. I know Carwin has been improving with each fight but I'm really not sure how much potential Shane Carwin really has.

You could try and say that their first fight was bs, but only in the same way that you could say the fight with Carwin was bs. If UFC ever gives Carwin another shot, (Which he should, but look at how long he had to wait so far) I'm sure Carwin will be a bit more wary of the takedown... he was a bit overconfident because he'd already been beating the holy hell out of Lesnar. I'm not downing Lesnar by any means, just the fact that he got his title shot so easily.

Carwin has said that the reason he was taken down was "Lactic Acidosis". Basically, he got so excited about beating up on Lesnar he forgot to breath and his muscles seized up due to lack of oxygen.

:(

Damn, I thought I had made the brilliant prediction picking Sonnen via decision upset basically for the reasons you saw leading up until the end of the fight. What a real shame for Sonnen though, he really worked hard for a win and Silva looked awful tonight.

I've always questioned Silva's ground game and that's why I've always leaned towards GSP if they ever fight. Also why I said I wouldn't have been surprised if Maia would have won that fight a few months back.

I have to admit I was disappointed with Cigano, I thought he would have won by KO in the first. Pretty good card though!

Edit: The stoppage in the Silva-Sonnen fight was a bit weird and I wasn't sure if there'd be another "I did not tap out" remark from Sonnen, lol.

UFC 117 was a great card
Silva's comeback was pretyy phenomenal I couldnt believe how much Sonnen brought that fight to it one of the nest fights i have seen in my years watching MMA.
Speaking of comeback Stefan Struve's was amazing he nearly didnt make it to the next round (doc was looking at stopping it in the break) and then knocked Christian Morecraft the F out. won KO of the night too.
Matt Hughes submission was pretty badass kind of front on anaconda choke.
Roy Nelson must have a steel chin took so much punishment from Junior
Fitch was his usual boring self though

I can't wait to watch Maynard vs Edgar. None of the fights were really exciting tonight. Joe Louzo or whatever, did well.

Cro Cop...:yell:

It's over.

Anyway, now Cain Velasquez REALLY has to beat Brock for me to get out of this depression.

Cro Cop...:yell:

It's over.

Anyway, now Cain Velasquez REALLY has to beat Brock for me to get out of this depression.

It's really hard to watch Cro Cop fight. Ever since he came to the UFC, he's been really hesitant to engage in striking. He seems far too content on looking for a KO punch or kick that he spends most of his fights doing practically nothing.

In his last fight against Barry, he rebounded from a terrible first round and put together some great punch combinations and wasn't afraid to throw some high kicks. I know Barry offered absolutely no real takedown threat so he was able to fight more offensively, but let's be serious, Mir wilts when he's being pressured and gets taken off his game easily when absorbing punishment. In fights like this I often wonder how the judges had the fight scored going into the third round because I don't think either fighter did anything to deserve a single round.

And honestly, I think I'd be surprised if Cain lost to Lesnar. I've been looking forward to this fight for a long time, can't wait!