MMA

Jake Shields is the most boring fighter ever

He totally is. I don't think I'll ever be able to pick him in a fight simply because I can't stand him as a person or a fighter.

Also, I didn't see the weigh-ins but I heard Diego mean-mugged Thiago. I think one day Diego is going to wake up with a permanent frown.

I had Ortiz, Sanchez, Shields, and Lesnar. Went 2-2. Lesnar displayed the same weak chin he has in the past and I guess the beard sapped whatever reserves he displayed against Carwin. None of the winning fighters I pulled for displayed clear dominance, but the Shields split was a correct pick. It was an even fight with Shields ending in the dominant position.

fucked up on my picks big time, and even though i picked Shields for the win, i think Kampmann won the last round and should have gotten the split decision ..... and man did Cain outclass Lesnar in every single way, just pure ownage.

2nkigc9.jpg

and man did Cain outclass Lesnar in a single way, just pure ownage.

FYPFA. Lesnar has displayed a weak chin and Cain refused to go to the ground with him early, in favor of striking. Good strategy, but hardly outclassing "in every way".

I don't Kampmann deserves the decision. It was an even fight and Shields ended it in the dominant position. Easy decision.

lol, i watched the whole card twice man....... he outclassed Lesnar in EVERY aspect of their fight, in other words, he beat him up standing, he poped back the two times he went down, and he even took Brock down and did what Brock couldnt, he held him there and pounded him, in other words, he beat Brock in every aspect of their fight yesterday, so yes, he outclass him in every way....

so once again for your own "FYPFA"

Cain beat up Brock standing...
Brock couldnt keep him down, and Cain even stuffed a couple of his takedowns.
he took Brock down, kept him there and smahed him up
....other words, Cain dominated Brock in every single aspect of theirfight yesterday.

Kammpann easily took the second with his striking, and controlled the whole 3rd round, Shields did nothing until there was a minute and a half left in the 3rd and all he did is transition positions, so yea there you go.

Kammpann easily took the second with his striking, and controlled the whole 3rd round, Shields did nothing until there was a minute and a half left in the 3rd and all he did is transition positions, so yea there you go.

I re-watched the fight and I agree with you.

On a side note, Joe Rogan's commentary was so bad in this fight that I re-watched it in a foreign language.

The first round was even in my books. Very little happened. Shields got Kampmann down, controlled him but inflicted absolutely no damage. Shields' pillow fisted punches on the feet did nothing either. Kampmann's striking was also quite innefective, though Kampmann did attempt a guillotine that was unsuccesssful. Kampmann spent a lot of time stuffing Shields' takedowns. I'd say it's an even round!

Round two, Kampmann clearly won. He dropped Shields with knees, and landed some pretty good offense.

Round three, Kampmann landed some offense including a headkick but nothing too effective. Kampmann controlled 70% of the round! Stuffing more of Shields' exhausted takedowns and threw some knees to Shields' body while he had him down and attempted some submissions albeit unsuccessful. Shields finished the round in control but did nothing during the final minute to steal the round. Shields' trademark pitty-pat punches were embarrassing to watch.

If you score this round properly, based on effective striking, effective grappling, aggression, and octagon control, Kampmann wins this round and the fight. Even if you score this round even, Kampmann still deserved the win.

That Shields fight was poorly judged. Some retard scored it 30-27 Shields. Did he even watch the second round?

I was so upset about the decision in that fight. Kampmann CLEARLY won the second and third rounds, I don't even think it should have been a split decision but a unanimous decision in favor for Kampmann, Shields just managed to get points via takedowns, but once on the ground he did NOTHING.

Anyway, the real hero of the night was Cain! Perhaps Karmablade will come back as a Velasquez fan? The upcoming Dos Santos fight will be VERY good!

I can't wait for Cain vs Dos Santos!

I was sold very early on with the idea that Cain Velasquez would be a future champ but with Dos Santos it took me a bit of time to warm up. I eventually liked what I saw, but I was a bit disappointed with Dos Santos' last performance. I'm definitely favouring Cain going into this one.

Regarding the judging of Kampmann-Shields. It was a rather close fight but there's no way I could see that being a split decision. Scoring the fight in favour of Shields is one thing, but how did the judge score it 30-27 for Shields?

Also, didn't one of the judges score the Sanchez-Thiago fight 30-26 Diego? Diego clearly won the fight but I thought that was a bit silly. I'd have to re-watch that fight but didn't Thiago win the first round pretty easily? I seem to recall that he did.

i hope Karma dosnt come back riding the Velasquez bandwagon, last thing we need is him dropping another mma man crush track on us lol...

... yea im really liking the JDS-Cain match-up, if Dos Santos could keep the fight standing (and thats a big if) then i think he'll KO Velasquez easily, the guy hits A LOT harder than Kongo(who dropped Cain three times)... but i dont know if hes going to be able to stop Cains takedown's.

edit: man i cant stop busting up at that Lesnar GIF LOL! ... already one of my favorites

... yea im really liking the JDS-Cain match-up, if Dos Santos could keep the fight standing (and thats a big if) then i think he'll KO Velasquez easily, the guy hits A LOT harder than Kongo(who dropped Cain three times)... but i dont know if hes going to be able to stop Cains takedown's.

In the Kongo fight, it was like Cain rushed in head first without any care in the world, and every time he was dropped it seemed like he wasn't even affected by it, he just kept coming forward. I was actually quite impressed with that! Cheick Kongo may not be that great at MMA but he's a seasoned kickboxer so it wasn't like Cain was eating punches from your average heavyweight. Plus Cain is improving with each fight.

And I brought up Dos Santos' last fight because it seemed like the power in his punches dropped significantly as the fight went on. He clearly outboxed Nelson but wasn't able to finish him. He looked unsure of what to do as the fight went on, so I have my doubts.

totally agree, im not taking anything away from Cain, he showed that fight that he can take a punch and has the heart and will of a champion(unlike Brock, who hops on his bicycle every time he gets punched), but he also showed big holes in his stand up defense.... and Kongo is definitely a a well-rounded kickboxer, and far from a can, but Dos Santos comes from a boxing background and is a far more devastating puncher than Kongo, and i think if Cain makes those mistakes he made against Kongo then its going to be a very short night for him.

... yea Nelson is a scrappy vet, extremely hard to finish, only person to ever get a KO (or even a stoppage) on him was Arlovski ... but Nelson did eat some huge shots in that fight with JDS ..... that fat fucks no joke lol, i actually see him getting the win over Carwin.

totally agree, im not taking anything away from Cain, he showed that fight that he can take a punch and has the heart and will of a champion(unlike Brock, who hops on his bicycle every time he gets punched), but he also showed big holes in his stand up defense.... and Kongo is definitely a a well-rounded kickboxer, and far from a can, but Dos Santos comes from a boxing background and is a far more devastating puncher than Kongo, and i think if Cain makes those mistakes he made against Kongo then its going to be a very short night for him.

... yea Nelson is a scrappy vet, extremely hard to finish, only person to ever get a KO (or even a stoppage) on him was Arlovski ... but Nelson did eat some huge shots in that fight with JDS ..... that fat fucks no joke lol, i actually see him getting the win over Carwin.

I agree, Cain needs to learn how to defend himself! Even against Lesnar he didn't show any, not that he needed it though.

I think with Dos Santos-Nelson I expected a first round KO for Dos Santos. If I recall correctly I think Dos Santos had Nelson hurt early (and more than once) but didn't capitalize. I know Nelson is tough but guess I was just disappointed that Dos Santos didn't seem to have drive to finish the fight when I believe he could have.

As for Carwin-Nelson, that could be a good fight too. I lean towards Carwin but I'm not sure about his cardio. I think Carwin is a beast and maybe it's just me, but I've never thought he'd really stick around for too long. I didn't expect him to overwhelm Lesnar like he did, but I did expect him to get off to a good start and eventually lose. And my prediction was that after his title shot, he'd slowly fade from the heavyweight picture. I'm not sure why I think that to be honest.

Also regarding heavyweights, Strikefore recently signed Sergei Kharitonov. I think thats definitely a nice addition along with Josh Barnett.

I was so upset about the decision in that fight. Kampmann CLEARLY won the second and third rounds, I don't even think it should have been a split decision but a unanimous decision in favor for Kampmann, Shields just managed to get points via takedowns, but once on the ground he did NOTHING.

Anyway, the real hero of the night was Cain! Perhaps Karmablade will come back as a Velasquez fan? The upcoming Dos Santos fight will be VERY good!

no i wont, brock is stil my favourite, he just needs to have a better gameplan and learn how to not cower from punches.

Lesnar clearly has not been the same fighter since he was sick. I don't know if it's an actual physical deficiency, or whether do to having a near death experience he lacks the "killer instinct" or whatever.