MMA

Yeah but ever notice how any time a guy tests positive for steroids or banned substances, it always seems to happen in California?

Like most people though, I prefer to not see steroid use in mma but it seems almost hypocritical given that everyone is on just about every supplement out there and whatever else they can obtain to give them an advantage.

Not to mention too, the average person certainly won't hesitate to take an energy drink or some Tylenol to help get them through their day job. How many truckers or call-centre workers are practically on speed to give them a boost. I know this might be considered to be minor stuff comparatively, but so is the level of activity, is this not the same idea?

It's a shame to hear this after Sonnen put on such a dominating performance. But oh well, I was looking forward to Belfort-Silva anyways. ;)

Have they even said what substance it was? I know he's suspended for a year.

Crocop/Mir fight was terrible.
Crocop wouldnt throw anything, wtf. and Mir wanted it to get to the ground but couldnt get it there.
sucks that Dunham lost a close fight. I guess their saying the judges were absolutely terrible.

Lesnar sucks and just has significant weight advantage over other fighters.

Lesnar sucks and just has significant weight advantage over other fighters.

Lesnar's pretty good all things considered. A significant weight advantage like that in the heavyweight division will get you nowhere 99% of the time. The difference is that he's incredibly athletic for his size and makes great use of the skills that he does have. I think it was a bit silly that nearly everyone jumped on the bandwagon with the idea that to be an elite heavyweight you had to be super-heavy. I'm sure Cain will put this size debate to rest. ;)

Anyways, the Noons vs Diaz rematch this weekend. Should be a great fight with all of the hatred they've got for one another! I'm not sure if he'll win but I really hope Noons will rearrange Diaz' face again.

Also, all of these suspensions are really getting out of hand. What kind of crap is that? I'm not saying I don't care about the fighter's safety, but it seems that any fighter who gets punched in the face during an event will be suspended. I'm guessing Cro Cop will just retire since he's suspended for six months for getting KO'ed...

Yeah it's going to be a great PPV!

My predictions for UFC 121:

Cain beats Brock via TKO
Kampmann beats Shields via submission
Thiago beats Sanchez via submission
Matt Hamill beats Tito Ortiz via decision
Gonzaga beats Schaub via submission

Oh and

Gilbert Yvel beats Jon Madsen via KTFO

Did my first ever mma bet last nite!
I did a 50 dollar 5 fight parlay for a 1k+ payout.
Winners; thiago, cain, hamill, schaub, and shields!
I can't wait fucking wait for this to start.

Who do ya got for tomorrows fights?

Shamelessly reposting myself

and yes once I get off work tomorrow we're heading straight to Barney's to watch the fights

My predictions for UFC 121:

Cain beats Brock via TKO
Kampmann beats Shields via submission
Thiago beats Sanchez via submission
Matt Hamill beats Tito Ortiz via decision
Gonzaga beats Schaub via submission

Oh and

Gilbert Yvel beats Jon Madsen via KTFO

Shamelessly reposting myself

and yes once I get off work tomorrow we're heading straight to Barney's to watch the fights

I think it's amusing how UFC is promoting the "First Mexican heavyweight Champion" angle. He's Mexican-American, just like many previous UFC fighters who were or part Mexican. And what about Ricco Rodriguez, did they forget about him? I've been anticipating Cain's title shot for a while, I trust he won't let me down. I've told a lot of people that I think he's going to smash Lesnar.

Those are pretty good picks though. I think people may be underestimating Kampmann against Shields. Maybe I'm biased, I cannot stand Shields so I hope he gets knocked out.

I think Hamill will win via decision as well.

I do think Gonzaga and Yvel generally are risky choices though in any of their fights. Yvel has some lethal offense but he's never been a good mixed martial artist. I admit I look forward to his fights so I hope can win and put on a good performance to an ensure some more fights in the UFC. I've always felt Gonzaga was a disappointing and lazy fighter, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Schaub, as sad as that sounds.

had to copy and past my picks from another board .....

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Cain Velasquez
- Brock is going to get the fight to the floor, and dominate there ... this is either going to be a UD for Brock or a tko stoppage sometime in the 3rd or 4th
Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann
-i rather watch paint dry than Shields fight, hoping Kampmann gets the tko (he does have a chance), but most likely were either going to see Shields blanket him for 3 rounds or catch Kampmann with a sub after his bored him and the audience to sleep.
Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago
- Birdman by sub FTW!! ... ill always rooting against Sanchez
Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill
- Hamill's the better+stronger striker, better+stronger wrestler ... i got soft head via 2rd TKO
Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
-Gonzaga via KO/TKO round 1 .. either that or his going to sleep early, the guy does not like to get hit.

yea and im not liking how they keep pushing Cain with the whole "mexican champion" thing either.

I forgot about the Sanchez fight. I think I'll take Thiago by decision, probably close on the judges scorecards.

Sanchez really needs to get back on the right track. I hope one day, his entrance will consist of some of those infamous "YES!" cartwheels.

Fuck! Lost my parlay on the diego fight, I should have listened to my friend on that one and stayed away. Alright, all aboard the cain velasquez roach coach warwagon!

I'm gonna be honest, Lesnar did a lot better than I thought he would!

Maybe the stoppage was a bit early but it was clear Brock wasn't going to be able to withstand Cain's punishment. Brown pride from my Mexican side! :p jk...