MMA

Rousey's return tonight. As much as I dislike her. I actually want her to win. Just to prove a point. If she decides to focus on the ground game which she should of done in the first place. She should beat Nunes no problem. She just can't stand up and take punches or it'll be over quick.

That fight looked horrible. She just kept getting punched in the face and not guarding herself or trying to do anything. If dreds didnt stop that fight she may have actually died on her feet. It didnt even look like a professional fight. Kinda hope that's all for her, folks.

Can't say I seen the Rousey fight, she makes to big of a deal when she loses a fight, which is not very often. Probably because the hype leading up to the fights.

i hear similar shit about male fighters all the time in fairness. but yeah, i'd argue if anything 'haunted' her it was her shitty preparation and lack of dedication nowadays.

I blame this on her striking coach to be honest he fucking blows. The gameplan was apparently to try and box with her.

Jon Jones tweeted and he's right about this:

"Maybe she just needs to complement her coach with an MMA family. Maybe she should join one of the bigger MMA teams

Being around other bad asses and constantly sharing your spotlight could be good for you in so many ways. They can improve on your humility.

Constantly being humbled is never a bad thing in a sport like this."

lewis' was a killer knockout fo sho, just murderous.

i'm inclined to think he was the most complete heavyweight ever at his best.

That is without a doubt imo.

his only issue seemed to be lack of focus/prep/whatever on occasion, maybe an ego thing, but eh nobody's perfect.
100%. The two fluke losses that he had(which were both avenged via vicious KO) where both due to him being way too overconfident. At the end of his career, he had beaten every single opponent he had faced.

all fine choices. louis must be the most technically sound puncher ever, just perfect form. maybe the smartest too; you had to be great to even beat him once, but to beat him a second time was impossible. if he had the size of the modern heavyweights i'd probably favour him over anyone, certainly in a best of 3 contest. dempsey was a force of nature who was involved in some of the best fights ever, tito was a total badass and young foreman was just mean and terrifying beyond belief. he had that clubbing power where you wince just from watching it.

i've always liked the so-called mexican style especially, the come-forward aggression, never-say-die attitude and classy body punching etc. barrera/morales probably did more to get me into the sport than anyone else. i like a slick defensive wizard too but not if they refuse to take risks in the ring. idk if you follow the tiny weights but my favourite active fighter is roman gonzalez, just a spellbinding combination of aggression and skill and he doesn't give a fuck what you throw back.

WarpedSmoothAbalone.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Oh yeah, i love the Mexicans. Mainly for the reasons you listed and especially how they're trained to properly put that off hand to use ... no punch is more dangerous or devastating than a proper hook.

I loved the Barrera/Morales trilogy! one of my favorites. I was a pretty big fan of Morales at one point.

Unfortunately I don't really follow the sport anymore, just some fights here and there. I don't think i've seen any of Roman Gonzales fights, but i'll change that soon!

the sport is a fucking joke nowadays so i can't blame you lol. i probably have too much time on my hands. some of the other most exciting talents out there atm are lomachenko, crawford, usyk, inoue, spence, easter jr. and oscar valdez. and there's anthony joshua from a british perspective, already the biggest star we've had here since hatton and he doesn't even really have a good win on his resume yet. he should be fighting wlad in a couple months if all goes to plan.

and yeah man, that trilogy was a big part of what got me into boxing. their fights with pacquiao were awesome too, especially the first morales pac fight.

the reddit boxing streams page is pretty useful but you do sometimes have to go through a clusterfuck of broken streams before finding a good one.