MMA

Yeah, I feel like heavyweight fights are just getting weirder and weirder. I enjoyed the event though, but some weird shit going on. Especially post-fight hah. Werdum Sparta-kicking Edmond might just be one of the greatest things I've seen. Overeems cringy post-fight interview was something else too..

EDIT: Werdum's flying kick was perhaps the most amazing start to a fight ever.

Reactions: Metal_Cultist
the 'big' boxing fight this weekend, between canelo and liam smith, is garbage and nobody should be wasting their time or money on it (duck alert).

there is however one of the best match-ups of the year on saturday afternoon/evening (card starts at 1pm EDT, main will be around 4.30pm) at cruiserweight, which may well be the most fun division in the world right now. blue chip prospect oleksandr usyk, dubbed 'the cruiserweight lomachenko' by some as he's another decorated ukrainian amateur being fast-tracked in the pros, is fighting for a world title in just his 10th fight. he'll go in as slight favourite against one of the division's top 3 and current WBO title holder, krzysztof glowacki, who knocked out marco huck and defeated steve cunningham in his last two fights.

it's a classic power puncher vs. master boxer match-up, and if usyk wins we'll know he's the real deal, if he doesn't then glowacki is established as the number 1 in the division.

tonight's been fun so far. the luque KO, later part of the edgar fight, the khabib post-fight, tate announcing her retirement, the ridiculous romero KO, and now joanna putting on an absolute clinic (edit: until that lol).

Last edited:
That was a fun card. Thompson vs Woodley was probably my favorite. I scored it a precise draw, with Thompson winning 3 rounds, and Woodley having a 10-8 round in round 4. Glad to see it actually happen!

Conor McGregor owns the entire united states, and Ireland. It aint no fuckin` joke.

i find his schtick totally boring but he's super fun to watch actually in the octagon. has a lot to do before he lives up to the hype of course, but there are still some good match-ups out there to help him carve out a real nice legacy.

Reactions: SweptbackFlame
How about that Yoel Romero TKO on Weidman, that shit was fucking insane, and his celebration afterwards was fucking gold lol...

i find his schtick totally boring but he's super fun to watch actually in the octagon. has a lot to do before he lives up to the hype of course, but there are still some good match-ups out there to help him carve out a real nice legacy.

If he fights Khabib we will see how great McGregor is, if he gets through him. He's as good as they say he is.

Last edited:
yeah. ferguson would be another tough fight methinks.

and yeah the romero finish was fucking amazing lol. then he marches around the octagon like jack 2 from tekken or something, and that funny shit with bisping. there were a lot of weird moments on that card.

Reactions: SweptbackFlame
I dont really follow MMA that hard but its comical to see comments after mcgregor wins a fight...

WELL if he beats this guy he will be the real deal.
beats that guy

WELLLLLLLL if he beats THIS guy

I dont really follow MMA that hard but its comical to see comments after mcgregor wins a fight...

beats that guy

Not gonna lie, I was one of those people. After beating Alvarez like that though, I'm firmly in his camp. The only other fight where he was truly "tested" was against Jose Aldo, and that fight was a total fluke and NEEDS to happen again. But after seeing how he whopped Eddie, I'm pretty sure he will take out Aldo again.

Werdum always was a fucking assclown, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in jail one day for scissor-kicking a toddler or something.

What makes you say that? Werdum seems to be one of the nicest guys on the roster (with the one exception of Sparta-kicking Edmond).

What makes you say that? Werdum seems to be one of the nicest guys on the roster (with the one exception of Sparta-kicking Edmond).

I'm not saying he's not "nice" or whatever, just that he seems prone to flying off the handle and has a lot of I guess, raw emotion. You sometimes see it with the way he interacts with the referees. That's what I meant, I have this primal feeling about him that he's a wildcard beyond the fight.

As a fighter he excites the shit out of me.

Kicking a coach was also just retarded, not a good thing to see for someone that wants to be professional.

beats that guy

the other side is just as exaggerated and ridiculous tho, it's necessary backlash

i love werdum.