MMA

did you watch the link lol. insane.

diaz vasquez was fairly fun i thought. neither of those guys are ever gonna set the world alight though and the end was 'kin retarded. i'm not that high on lubin either although he's obviously quite talented. the prospects/young contenders i'm most excited about right now are spence, easter, usyk, bivol, derevyanchenko, gassiev, c. smith, valdez, verdejo (although he's dropping off seemingly) and j-rock. i'm gonna be following the olympic boxing a bit, hoping to see some exciting talent there.

wilder arreola should be fun lol. you'd think an early KO is on the cards but you never know what's gonna happen with either of these two.

Zaromskis.gif

Man Wilder was getting vas'd so hard in between rounds that he looked like a friggin' white walker. hilarious fight though. Not a fan of him and his in ring antics either, hope he gets stretched out soon.

i don't really mind him and i'll take anyone who makes the heavyweight division a little more interesting, but... i just think he's mediocre. his jab isn't so bad but he still looks pretty amateurish and wild in there, and i really don't think he'd be so high up in the rankings if it wasn't such a garbage division.

crawford postol's about to happen. biggest boxing fight of the year in the sense of being an actual fight between the top 2 in the 140lb division (novel i know).

it was on PPV because of 'budget concerns' lol. hbo boxing is pretty fucked. they're lucky crawford might be able to make them some bucks, and the inevitable manny comeback of course.

haven't seen it yet but that was always gonna happen lol, williams doesn't know the meaning of the word defence and stevenson has power+accuracy. it's a shame adonis has basically pissed away the end of his career knocking out mediocre fighters, he could've made quite a few good fights during his title run. he's old as hell now but he's a good fighter, one-dimensional but very good at that one dimension. his legacy will seemingly always be as a cowardly ex-pimp who flaunted his 'lineal' title while never taking the toughest fights.

looking forward to santa cruz vs. frampton tonight, should be a better fight than frampton quigg 'cause santa cruz tends to bring it. i think he'll outwork him and win a pretty comfortable decision, but hopefully it's a good scrap.

it'll be great to FINALLY see mikey garcia back in the ring tonight, too. if he's anything like his old self he'll be a threat to just about anyone.