MMA

I loved Aleksander Emelianenko and then he raped a woman or some shit. He always seemed super nice to me, but I also had a weird feeling about him.

The prison tats didn't give it away? Dude had church domes, spiderwebs, and stars all over him. He looked untrustworthy as fuck :lol:

arguably the best super middleweight of all time andre ward steps up against current light heavyweight king sergey kovalev tomorrow night in boxing's biggest fight of the year. for once we get to see two of the best five or so boxers in the world against one another. super excited, even though i have a feeling ward is just gonna school him tbh. i really hope it's competitive. boxing needs that right now.

pair of videos from two of my favourite boxing analysts. one predicts a kovalev win, the other picks ward.

Lee Wylie

(also wrote this more in-depth article).

Conor Ruebusch

twas a fabulous fight, i'm so glad it lived up to the hype. decision was debatable but not the robbery some would call it. looking forward to the rematch already, we still don't have a definitive answer of who the best boxer in the world is (i'd still pick roman gonzalez over either, but these guys both did themselves proud tonight).

lomachenko bossed walters, a bigger, more powerful fighter with plenty of ability, to the point of shaming him into quitting on his stool no mas style. he may be the finest technician of the past couple of decades even beyond the likes of mayweather and rigondeaux, and he's also a far more fun fighter than either of them, aggressive and full of activity. he's only 28 years old, may not have even peaked yet. the guy is an absolute phenomenon, sporting a 396-1 record in the amateurs (and that loss was avenged twice) and continuing at a similar level of brilliance in the pros thusfar.

so vasyl lomachenko has now had 8 fights, 7 of them world title fights, and is already a two-weight world champion - a PROPER one, having beaten the top guy in the division in both instances. for all the justified talk of boxing falling behind MMA in terms of the best fighting the best on a consistent basis, this is a guy who's doing things nobody in even that sport has, and should be applauded and followed closely by any fight fans. he's said he's intending to keep moving up, probably peaking at 140 - there's already talk of a pacquiao fight next year which would be kind of an incredible challenge to take on, but i wouldn't put it past him. whoever he fights next, he's just a joy to watch and the sky seems to be the limit for him.

Same fights are on all the time, how do you fucks see all these fights. UFC on Demand ?

Oleksandr Usyk wins by TKO in round 9!

15585256_10209857972618838_2937568382296416616_o.jpg

lol, that's a pretty random post. usyk owns hard though, if he moves up to HW it'll be a really interesting test for that age-old question about how historically great heavies would fare about the modern super heavy. he's clearly more skilled than, say, deontay wilder, but does that make up for the size/power disadvantage? i kinda doubt it but i'll be rooting for him if it ever happens.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
yeah, I know but I needed to make a point that I'm happy my country produces good English Boxing fighters, I guess.
Plus that's the only sport I like and watch.

haha fair enough. ukraine is pretty badass these days. lomachenko is the best fighter on the planet in my book, one of the most skilled ever. derevyanchenko might be the best middleweight prospect, postol is still a top 3 jr. welter despite getting dicked by crawford, oleksandr gvozdyk was another outstanding amateur who's been killing it in the pros so far. and obviously usyk is awesome. lots to be excited about.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
^ true. And don't forget Klitchko ;)
Dunno if it's just a coincidence, or the "belief" that Eastern European people are violent/aggressive by nature. Heard this opinion a lot from sport coaches.