MMA

I'm not entirely sure how Jake Shields' pillow fisted offense and failed takedown attempts won him the first two rounds. I thought it was an obvious 29-28 for Sexyama. But 30-27 Shields? :confused:

I think Sexyama would have had a better chance of getting the decision if he did something, anything, to capitalize on his takedowns and trips, but he really didn't, and his striking was almost nonexistent.

I think Sexyama would have had a better chance of getting the decision if he did something, anything, to capitalize on his takedowns and trips, but he really didn't, and his striking was almost nonexistent.

The fight was close but I feel that the only real story in the first couple of rounds was Sexyama tripping/throwing Shields to the mat a few times and how he nullified all of Sheilds' takedowns. The striking wasn't particularly impressive either way. I gave Shields round three.

Shields is honestly the most ineffective striker I've ever seen at the elite level. Give me Jonathan Goulet with no arms and I'm not convinced Shields could knock him out.

I think McCall might have won the fight, but I'd need to rewatch those first two rounds. Round three was a 10-8 for McCall as far as I'm concerned.

Rory just keeps getting better and better, he's really become one of my favourite fighters to watch. Before the fight I remarked that it would be an easy win for him but wow, that was a major beat down.

Anyone see Jamie Varner beat Edson Barboza? What the fuck. Unebelievable, I was sure Barboza was gonna dominate that fight.

I can't wait for the Main Card all Heavyweight Fights. Gonna be nasty!

Yeah both the Facebook prelims and FX prelims have been top notch (with the exception of the Mayhem fight). Now I'm debating if I should stay up to watch the main card.

Not exactly MMA, but did anyone watch K1 Rising last night? Good to see Cro Cop knocking people out still. Badr Hari did not deliver, but won nonetheless. Fighter of the night was definitely Daniel Ghita. That guy could kick down a giant sequoia.

Ye, Ghita is looking unstoppable. Definitley one of the top heavyweights in the game right now. I'd love to see him and Hari go at it.

edit: I love Cro-Cop, but he jsut cant take a good shot anymore, so i really wouldnt even want to see him face anyone legit.

When is GSP going to fight the runner Condit? Really looking forward to watch GSP fight again. I think Nick Diaz would have had better tools to beat GSP though. Hope he keeps returning to octagon.