Modus Vivendi kicks ass!

Psychonaut said:
I'm relatively new to the band as well, having heard of them on the Oldschool board. I heard "Anubis" and the song was stuck in my head for days. So based on that one song I bought Undead, Matters Of The Dark, and Modus Vivendi in one shot. It paid off in spades and I like all three albums. The music is catchy as hell and the vocals fall right into the range that I like them (I've never been a huge fan of the constant super-high vocals). I'm gearing up to buy more. Keep up the great work!!

That's the same song that got me hooked! (as a matter of fact I can hear the chorus in my head right now!) hence I bought Modus Vivendi and Undead. I HAVE TO buy Matters of the Dark since I've been hearing so many good things about that CD as well... :ill: have to put it off for a week though, I 've been comitting monetary suicide w/all the music I've bought lately.

As to vocalists...I am a fan of some high-pitched belters (Bruce Dickinson and Geoff Tate being the most notorious ones for me) as well as the more "raspier" voices such as Jorn Lande and Urban...I like a nice variety...as long as you can belt it out in the studio and most importantly LIVE I'll go with it! :headbang:

WIntersReflection said:
I personally don't think I look scary but people in my hometown just seem to have something against metal heads... I've seen people go from polite to really mean in 5.2 seconds over it.

"WHAT you like metal?" Rude person

And I get irritable at about that point and give 'em a big evil looking toothy grin... "Yes, I do and I don't think someone as rude as you has a right to go judging other peoples musical taste."

Hmmmm..... that's their loss the way I see it. You are as sweet as you can be and I enjoy talking to you.

Bryant

Psychonaut said:
Haha.

Maybe?

But again, thank you gents (term used loosely) for the recommendation!
Well you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. A lawsuit against me would be for nil. My wife has been on a tear of a shopping spree. I can't afford to pay attention right now. :yuk: One slightly used wife for sale cheap !! Ha ha ha :loco:

Anyway happy you like it. You going to Porg Power V ?

Bryant

Psychonaut said:
I wish but I won't be able to afford it this year. :( It's a good lineup too.

Ah well maybe next year. It's a great festival. I love it. I'm not one of those evil, hate everyone metal-heads. I'm like a hippy metal-head. I love to meet my metal brothers and sisters at shows. I hope to see you at a Prog Power one day in the future.

Bryant

Well personally one of the things that initially attracted me to the say "attitude" of metal back when I was just a little metal-head was the whole "other metal-heads are my brothers and sisters" thing. Gave me an instant feeling of actually belonging somewhere for a change, lol.

I think it would be a sad thing if that ever entirely disappeared but way too many people don't go with that, or else they exclude people who like other genre's of metal... which I don't understand as it is stifling to tell people not to allow their tastes to expand.

Just a few words from the Prog-Queen of my household, lol.

Bryant said:
Ah well maybe next year. It's a great festival. I love it. I'm not one of those evil, hate everyone metal-heads. I'm like a hippy metal-head. I love to meet my metal brothers and sisters at shows. I hope to see you at a Prog Power one day in the future.

Bryant