Monitors

Scissors61

Jul 18, 2007
Brighton, UK
www.myspace.com
Up until now, I have been using some shitty £20 speakers that I bought from a PC shop for recording/mixing. This morning, after 4 years of literally constant use, they died. So instead of buying yet another set of crappy speakers. I thought I might invest in some monitors instead. I'm just starting out recording really, and I am recording in my lounge, it is not even slightly acoustically treated, and is not exactly a great sounding room.

The monitors that I have been looking at are Tapco S8s.

http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop...tapcos8&searchlink=yes&search=TAPCO S8&page=1

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any reasons I should steer clear? And is it a really stupid move buying these monitors for use in a crappy small room. Or should I just opt for something incredibly cheap for the moment? There is also a slightly cheaper 5-inch version, would this be a better idea?

I seriously don't want to spend too much money on really bad monitors that I will need to replace very quickly as I progress, but I also don't want to just dive in and buy relatively expensive ones that

A) aren't that good

And/Or/

B) Are completely useless in the environment that I am using them.

Any help would be lovely.

Cheers.