Monthly* Mixing Practices for you guys! (*=at least)

rapucore

i really hate spiders
Feb 25, 2013
FIN
Hey guys! :headbang:

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I've decided to begin giving frequent mixing practices for you.
Kind of as a thank you for everything I've learned / obtained / gained from this forum from its magnificent mixing practices, samples, IR's, plugins etc. :kickass:
I'd like to do at least a song/month, but there will possibly be more if I have time (I'll try to dedicate a considerable amount of time for this). :)

So I was wondering what kind of genres you'd like me to do with this? All songs will be original work of myself, I won't be doing cover songs.

The next genres (moreso subgenres) are some of which I've been dabbling in recent years and will be offering to do (updating constantly, if something pops up!):
  • Metalcore
  • Alternative Rock
  • Deathcore
  • Post-hardcore
  • Thrash Metal
  • Death Metal / Blackened Death Metal
  • Pop-punk
  • Black Metal / Symphonic Black Metal
  • Industrial
  • Progressive Metal
  • Power Metal
  • Djent
  • Heavy Metal
  • Doom Metal
  • Grunge
  • If I didn't mention a genre you happen to like (I may have forgotten :lol:), just request for one!

I don't tap dance in the world of 7/8-string guitars, but my 6-stringers swing in several tunings from as low as F#-standard to the lost art of our standard tuning, E-standard. :lol: All kinds of drop tunings inbetween also! :)

All songs will be thoroughly tracked/produced Ie:
  • Clean vox / screaming
  • Precise quadtracking of rhythm guitars
  • Multiple vocal tracks for you to choose and compile of
  • Good DI's with fresh strings (duh)
  • Drum midi / rendered drums (live drums available this summer!)
  • Synth midi / rendered
  • All editing done so you don't have to get rid of headphone bleed etc.
  • ETC ETC.

Plus when I start to offer live drums I will include pre-cut toms and un-cut toms for bleed minimizing if it's an issue.

So, let me know what you think and write down what styles you'd like to practice your chops on! :headbang:

Cheers! :kickass:

-Aleksi Oksa

Yeah man this sounds awesome! I wish there was some power metal or progressive metal though :p but I'm looking forward to this!

They can be arranged too! I'll update them to the list! :)

Nice to see people are looking forward to this! :kickass:

I'm having a few months "free" from my educational obligations as of Thursday, so I will be doing several songs ready during these two months. :kickass:

You guys can expect something like 4-8 songs at least, all released at different times though! ;)

+1 to some Heavy/Power/Thrash-Stuff. There are tons of Blabla...core floating around.

You'll get some of those, very keen on writing and recording stuff. :kickass:
Gotta rip some thrash in rememberance of an ex-band. :D
Heavy and Power coming too. ;)

So far I'm doing at least the following genres in the next 7-8 weeks:
Progressive, Thrash, Power/Heavy (mix&match) and Deathcore.

Just keep the requests coming! :kickass:

Really cool of you for doing this, thanks :D

Specially if it's black/death or thrash metal :headbang:

I can also provide multitracks of my black metal band if anyone's interested :cool: