Morbid Angel and Nile

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
What do you think of the comparisons that people seem to put on both of these bands...?

Personally I think they are totally different, both awesome, but totally different stylistically.

Most people seem to think that Nile are the child of Morbid Angel... But i just don't see it...

Listen to FORUMAL FATAL TO THE FLESH... and then BLACK SEEDS OF VENGEANCE...

They are totally different...

nile are morbid angels babies, but not in a bad way. the same way that sepultura were slayer babies.i used to trade cds with the old drummer in nile, pete. pete fucked up his shoulder and couldnt play for a while then they got tony, who i .know from playing where im from in local bands. pete cant play anymore so tony is the new nile drummer. i think the comparisons come from just the brutality of both bands. i actually think that morbid is easier to listen to then nile. nile very chaotic and tons of riffs and changes, while morbid has the same formula all the time ( ominous intro, semi fast blast section, plodding solo section, blast section of hellish doom, plodding outro ) not all songs do that but the majority do. pete sandavol is a sicko drummer ( listen to OPENING OF THE GATES on the new album, i dont think it is humanly possble to play that hauling section, they didnt play the song live???????????????????) but the comparison comes from the blasting parts i bet. i like pete sandoval, but i think the stuff derek roddy played on that nile cd is amazing and very tasteful while i think pete is a one trick pony. but he sure is one badass pony. sorry i wrote so much most people only talk about power metal bands and im shocked someone else listens to extreme music .

ha ha. Yeah, i know what you mean man, I'm not much of a power-metal fan. There are some cool bands, but not many power-metal bands push the extremities of playing...

Nevermore are kindof like 'extreme' power-metal (POE/DNB) when you think about it...

Anything which is musically awesome (like Martyr, Cynic, Death, Nile, Morbid Angel, Opeth...)...

What other stuff are you into?

i like everything pretty much

death, cynic , confessor , kreator, king diamond, alot of the gothenburg bands, at the gates, first 2 arch enemy. i like stuff thats super aggresive yet melodic none the less. i like some of the blasting death stuff like dimmu, marduk, and even though i hate that dani dude, cradle of filth has some crazy drumming and kool changes. oh yeah carcass, heartworks is possibly my favorite album next individual thought patterns. power metal wise only a few, old fates warning, queeensryche, sanctuary, and of course nevermore. i toured with those guys for about a year and got to know them pretty good. i hung out with them more than i did the band i was touring in. ( hahahahahahhahahahhaahh ) basically i guess i like tech stuff. you should listen to gorguts OBSRURA . im not an old gorguts fan but obscura is crazy teched out and sounds insane. the first damaged album is awesome as well. do you play in a band ???????????????

Australian Damaged??? They're awesome...!

Yeah, i've heard of Gorguts too, they had the guitarist from Martyr a while ago.

Yeah, i've got a band going at the moment (...been playing guitar seriously for about ten years...).

We mix the complexity of cynic, martyr, death with the emotion of opeth and nevermore... It's VERY guitar oriented...

cool, my band is a little thrash,blast, mixed with some good ol florida death metal( HAHAHAHHAHA ). we sound like a cross between exhorder and old fear factory with blast sections.at least thats what our reviews say. we have tech spots, but nothing geeked out.been playing for about 6 years now. got a demo ???????????????

Waiting for a bit of finance actually...

I've got my home studio setup (pro tools...), but i don't have any cash left for mics or anything like that, so a few weeks and the demo will be started...

I've got all the time in the world, so i'm going to do it properly and mix it properly...

The other guitarist and i have been playing together for about three years... the drummer and the bassist are from his old band, so they work well too...