Morbid Angel and Nile

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
What do you think of the comparisons that people seem to put on both of these bands...?

Personally I think they are totally different, both awesome, but totally different stylistically.

Most people seem to think that Nile are the child of Morbid Angel... But i just don't see it...

Listen to FORUMAL FATAL TO THE FLESH... and then BLACK SEEDS OF VENGEANCE...

They are totally different...

I rather dislike Morbid Angel's business dealings (i.e. PANTERA tours...wtf?) but I love alot of their music (though I thought the last two albums were boring as hell)....Nile, on the other hand, RULES.....how good are these guys? TOO good is the correct answer....awesome, awesome, awesome....and listen to Chapter for Transforming Into a Snake and TELL me Derek Roddy isn't a drum god!

Hell yeah. I love both bands actually.

I'm just starting to get into Formulas... I hated it when i first bought it (ha ha, two years ago), but now i see it in a totally different light, there's some awesome stuff on this cd, there's weird little prog bits here and there...

What is there to say about Nile other than: Wow.

simple.

How good is 'Invocation of the continual one' off formulas...?

It's nuts when it breaks into that jazzy/prog riff at 1:30.

Weird as hell.

can someone describe NIle for me. i agree that the
latest Morbid Angel's are boring. it is a let down
since i consider Blessed Are the Sick a
classic metal masterpiece of its
time. never heard Nile..
what are they like?

I like both bands very much.
Most of the people who say that 'Gateways' is boring are those who think that Opeth is boring too: it's just not straight-forward music anymore, it is one of those albums that needs a lot of listening sessions before you begin to understand it. no easy-listening here. It's true that Nile is way 'catchier' than M.A.

Gateways isn't that hard to get into if you're used to extreme death growls and extreme death metal altogether.

....?

Gateway's to Annihilation is Morbid Angel's LEAST extreme release...? Gateways is by FFFAAAARRRR the most accessable MA album to date

(don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but it's not as extreme as older MA)

Nile is an amazing band, indeed. I still cannot get over the fact that they are from South Carolina. I have seen the redneck scum that live there, and I am sure most of them know nothing about Egypt. :D

Trapped, you have 666 posts. :devil:

i dont think morbid angel sound anything like nile. i love both bands though. as a matter of fact im seeing Morbid Angel tonight!!! hahaha :D
They are with Deicide, Zyklon and Exhumed. should be a great show :)

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
i dont think morbid angel sound anything like nile. i love both bands though. as a matter of fact im seeing Morbid Angel tonight!!! hahaha :D
They are with Deicide, Zyklon and Exhumed. should be a great show :)

i saw them when they came here a few weeks ago
good times :D

oyo get 'Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka' first

ive just seen Nile, Behemoth and April Ethereal a few hours ago, reviews to come.

April Ethereal are obsessed with opeth id say but aren't as good. they played Demon Of The Fall as their last song, and so did opeth on Tuesday when i saw them :) Masturbating the war god was one of the best songs for Nile and well i'll do a proper review later.

oh and for the original question one of the band members was wearing a Morbid Angel top...

Originally posted by Trapped
Gateway's to Annihilation is Morbid Angel's LEAST extreme release...? Gateways is by FFFAAAARRRR the most accessable MA album to date

Yep, but it's still much more extreme than say Opeth or Dark Tranquillity.