Morbid Angel??

JesterOfDeath

AKA Addicted To Death
Nov 16, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.roomsevenstudios.com
Hey guys what do you consider to be essential Morbid Angel albums?? I listened to Gateways about a year ago, but i kind of got turned down by the lack of speed and screaming into the mic. But someone told me to try a track off of Altars and i liked it! What do you guys think?

Altars of Madness, Blessed Are the Sick and Abominations of Desolation are essential. Covenant is still good and Dominion decent. The two latest are more or less crappy.

Old morbid angel is a most, all David Vincent cds you gotta get, but after that dont be turned of because of gateways instead listen to formulas, that album is just incredible.

i don't want to sound like a leech, but do any of you have full tracks of Old Morbid, like Altars or Covenant that i can listen to?? My IM is RustedFebruary. I'm really interested in buying alot of it, but i want to listen to some full tracks first.

and then there were three!

3 is a magic number !wow!

morbid angel is the only deathmetal group that made only good album for 10 years!

but first 3 are the best(always 3)

:hotjump:

Well, I'm just gonna repeat what everybody else said on this thread, Altars Of Madness (the debut) is an absolute Death Metal classic with songs like "Chapel Of Ghouls", "Blasphemy" and "Maze Of Torment". See my avatar for a sample of the cover.

My personal favourite is Blessed Are The Sick, the second album.

What Cannibal Corpse is for "gore" Death Metal, Morbid Angel is for "occult" Death Metal: the undisputed kings of the genre.

Amen.

Blessed are the Sick is my favorite M.A. album. Nothing else that I have heard can quite compare. Though I haven't heard Altars of Madness in its entirety yet (yeah, I know, shame on me).

Covenant and Domination are more commercial, people tend to lambast Domination in particular, but it's still pretty cool, though Covenant is the better of the pair.

Formulas Fatal to the Flesh and Gateways of Annihilation feature a different singer, not David Vincent. They aren't up to the band's best moments, but Formulas in particular is quite underrated and boasts some damn cool death metal - I really enjoyed what the band was doing on this album in terms of the sick-ass timing changes - it's like the moment on the rollercoaster when you have risen to the highest point, and you start the rapid descent and it feels like every organ and innard is churning, convulsing, peristaltic ecstacy.

Gateways has a few slower and mid-paced songs, frankly, it's not all that exciting although there are a few cool numbers and the drumming sounds a little too precise in places. I mean, the drumming is still great, I could care less whether triggers were used to achieve the sound...but there is something within the actual drum sound that is just...artificial. Not a bad album, but not really up to par with M.A.'s other material, IMO.

Okay so i finally got a hold of some old MA songs and i just put my order in for Altars and Domination. My question is why doesn't MA get a better singer?? I compare Old with new and there's no comparison. I don't mean to say Gateways is bad, but with Vincent's vocals it'd be better. Sorry if i upset anyone, just like to talk about this stuff that's all. Thanks guys for all your cool input. ;)