Morbid Angel??

Blessed Are The Sick
Domination
Covenant
Altars Of Madness
The David Vincent era albums are what I personally enjoy. I did not care for Formulas but Gateways was alright. I thought they lost my choice for EASILY the best Death Metal growler ever to grace this fucking planet when David left the band. I have often said that when David left the band that made it easy for me to say that Mikael is now my favorite DM growler out there. By the way I prefer Mikael's growling vocals rather than the higher pitched more black metal type vocals that he did on the first two Opeth releases(not to say I don't LOVE Orchid and Morningrise!)but that is just what I prefer. Morbid Angel with David were great and if you were either too young,or have never heard the albums I mentioned you owe it to yourself to get those albums. By the way what is so good about Nile? I honestly gave their first album a chance when I was told,"if you love Morbid Angel you'll love this" but I was not very impressed:confused: I saw them live at Milwaukee Metalfest a few years back and they were good,but I think they're a little bit overhyped! Well that's just my opinion anyway but to get back to the subject at hand Morbid Angel with David Vincent rocked!

Wow! I completely agree with everything you said! Also, i bought Nile's "Shrines" when it first came out, and i haven't played it since. It's the vocals that turns me away from them. Buy yeah, David did rock and i'm on my way to getting all the old MA albums!

Originally posted by JesterOfDeath
Wow! I completely agree with everything you said! Also, i bought Nile's "Shrines" when it first came out, and i haven't played it since. It's the vocals that turns me away from them. Buy yeah, David did rock and i'm on my way to getting all the old MA albums!
It's kind of unfortunate that David chose to leave the band to be in his wife's band The Genitorturers! He now wears a dress on stage(I don't know if this is all the time, but I have friends who have seen them who verified this!) and just plays bass for that band. If that is what he chooses to do that's his choice I guess,although I would love to see him and the rest of MA get together at least for one reunion tour to show all of the newer Death Metal fans that never saw them live how great they really were! BTW Jester it's cool to see another Society Dwelling Motherfucker on this site....Zakk rules!

There are rumors spreading around in the Morbid Angel BB that David Vincent has joined back MA. Now that MA is more popular than ever, David knows that he is needed. This explains why they have a new remixed version of Rapture on VH1 being played with the upcoming VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards commercial ( as what it is said on MORBIDANGEL.com) That is great news. Also, they are re-releasing Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick with bonus videos.

All Morbid Angel album is a must-have(except maybe for GTA). I personally like Altars of Madness and Formulas Fatal to the Flesh.

Altars of Madness have higher pitched vocals, kinda reminds me of Chuck Schuldiners vocals, but not quite. Domination has much deeper death growls. Personally I think David Vincent - On that album - Has THE BEST death metal growl EVER. Nobody can top his voice on that album, it's just fucking amazing.

If David gets back with MA, FUCK YES.

Originally posted by ChaoticTate
Covenant and Domination are more commercial, ...
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Originally posted by ChaoticTate
Gateways has a few slower and mid-paced songs, frankly, it's not all that exciting although there are a few cool numbers and the drumming sounds a little too precise in places. I mean, the drumming is still great, I could care less whether triggers were used to achieve the sound...but there is something within the actual drum sound that is just...artificial. Not a bad album, but not really up to par with M.A.'s other material, IMO.
Agree with that, especially concerning the drums.

Originally posted by Izzy Junior
Altars of Madness have higher pitched vocals, kinda reminds me of Chuck Schuldiners vocals, but not quite. Domination has much deeper death growls. Personally I think David Vincent - On that album - Has THE BEST death metal growl EVER. Nobody can top his voice on that album, it's just fucking amazing.

If David gets back with MA, FUCK YES.
I absolutely positively 100% agree with this, I am somewhat surprised more people don't! I think Dominiation is BY FAR their best album and David sounds like a fucking beast from hell on this one!

David Vincent on Domination is totally one of the best examples of how a good death metal vox should be approached in my opinion. I agree with everyone that has stated that they think he was at his best on that album. Man, that album is so fucking cool for so many reasons. For me I get totally sucked into that album because of the awesome way they have exploited the use weird harmonies. To me I listen to Dominatation and I think, no one has ever made an album that twists, and convulses, and contorts and spasms it's way through every song better than the mighty Morbid Angel did with Domination.
As for Dave joining the band again. All I can say is I can only hope. If that happened, all that would need for me to be the most happiest metaller in the world would be for Carcass to reform. And then perhaps for those 2 band to tour. Hmmm, actually more like for those 2 bands to tour Australia. Then I could die happy

Originally posted by JesterOfDeath
Now you must suffer the consequences and tell me where you heard this rumor of David coming back..:) You got my hopes all up!

Guys on the Morbid Angel BB was talking about. They said they read it somewhere on the Blabbermouth.net. I personally can't believe it, but i'm really hoping that its for real. I love David's voice, it really fits the MA sound.

Originally posted by Master Ritch
Guys on the Morbid Angel BB was talking about. They said they read it somewhere on the Blabbermouth.net. I personally can't believe it, but i'm really hoping that its for real. I love David's voice, it really fits the MA sound.

I hope that is the case because Dave's vocals rule!!:D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

As for Domination, I had a chance to hear it, and it is one of the best death metal albums I have ever had the chance to hear!!:headbang:

I am going to see if I can purchase it soon.

Get formulas fatal to the flesh, it is amazing... it's so intense, nothing like gateways at all, which is good.

It's almost like a blackmetal album, but with the guitarist of a death metal band and the attitude of an old thrash band.

METAL :headbang: