More on Bush from Scott

Catharsis70

Apr 28, 2005
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124723

ANTHRAX Guitarist: I'd Been Waiting Four Years To Have JOHN BUSH Back In The Ranks - Aug. 5, 2009

In the first installment of the Kerrang! Awards 2009 podcast, Simon Young takes you behind the scenes at what the U.K. magazine calls the "biggest and best rock 'n' roll awards show on the planet" and speaks to this year's hosts SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor and ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian. Watch the eight-minute clip below.

The following is an excerpt from the conversation with Scott Ian:

On how ANTHRAX's one-off performance with singer John Bush (ANTHRAX's singer from 1992 to 2005) at U.K.'s Sonisphere festival on August 1, 2009 went:

Scott Ian: "It went better than I even hoped it would go. I'd been waiting four years for that moment that we had on Saturday to have John Bush back in the ranks, and it was an unbelievably, magnificently emotional hour of my life; it was really amazing."

On whether he shed any tears following the Sonisphere concert:

Scott Ian: "I did. I broke down, like, twice during the show and then, literally, after the show, had a physical collapse in the dressing room where I almost fainted. It was a huge release of anxiety and tension and stress of the last four years of being without John Bush. I'm not making a joke out of it, either; I'm absolutely serious. It was an amazing moment."

On many rehearsals they had prior to the Sonisphere performance:

Scott Ian: "We had one rehearsal. It was seamless. It was just like we had just jammed the day before. You could just tell... Look, John was in the band for 13 years, and we got back in a room here in London to jam and no time had passed. It was just instant; it's the way the band's meant to be."

On the likelihood of John Bush rejoining ANTHRAX full-time:

Scott Ian: "It's obviously what we want, and I think this is just hopefully the first of a couple of steps to make it happen. The show went great — we all had a great time; John had a fucking blast — and hopefully this is now... the foot's in the door to make this happen again. But it's absolutely what we want to happen. I don't really see any other possibility."

ANTHRAX parted ways with singer Dan Nelson last month due to what has been described as "personal differences." As a result, the band canceled 10 European shows and pulled out of a U.S. tour with SLIPKNOT which was scheduled to take place in August and September.

ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET on July 21 that the band's new album, "Worship Music", which was previously due in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, will now be "pushed back to a later date." According to Ian, Dan Nelson's tracks will most likely be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE).

Scott KNOWS Anthrax NEEDS John. Will he rejoin? Who knows? I am torn on the issue. I think John is the best singer they could have, but SHOULD he come back after being shat on (like Bello's back)? Probably not. Either way, new Saint is coming! And I am onboard!!

Oh man, it's a tough one.

I really really really want John Bush to rejoin, as I never got to see the band and I'd love to see them with the WCFYA line-up, and I am sure they could make some more great records with him...

but it's like the person above me said - I also feel that in some ways John should tell them where to stick it.

I saw John with Armored Saint here back in MArch, when they toured with Death Angel. They played to barely 200 people, on a tour which was both band's first tours to Australia. Apparently they played to half empty venue all across the nation, sadly. I'm sure John is weighing all this up, in terms of what is going to prove to be more successful for him.

I saw JB in London with Armored Saint not long after he left Anthrax and there were only about 100 people there. At the end of the day Armored Saint can only ever be a hobby for him as they just aren't that big, where as Anthrax could be aliving for him. Fingers crossed he needs the money!

You people need to get over this "John Bush needs to tell them where to stick it" attitude. Rockers constantly go through cycles of pissing each other off and then kissing and making up. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Dio, Heaven & Hell, Testament, Slayer, Deep Purple... They've all gone through the process. Nobody will blame Bush if in the end he doesn't want to rejoin, but fans should not hope for the destruction of such a great band and no more music from the band's best lineup just to teach some people a lesson. Getting on with life and making kickass music are much more important.

I saw John with Armored Saint here back in MArch, when they toured with Death Angel. They played to barely 200 people, on a tour which was both band's first tours to Australia. Apparently they played to half empty venue all across the nation, sadly. I'm sure John is weighing all this up, in terms of what is going to prove to be more successful for him.

Neither bad is truly big enough for him to make a great living at. And unless they have a super big single that's not going to change. They haven't drawn huge crowds (in America anyways)since well before John left the first time-remember Scott saying without the reunion there'd probably be no Anthrax. JB probably made more for 1 day of voice over work than he made 3 months on tour

You people need to get over this "John Bush needs to tell them where to stick it" attitude. Rockers constantly go through cycles of pissing each other off and then kissing and making up. Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Dio, Heaven & Hell, Testament, Slayer, Deep Purple... They've all gone through the process. Nobody will blame Bush if in the end he doesn't want to rejoin, but fans should not hope for the destruction of such a great band and no more music from the band's best lineup just to teach some people a lesson. Getting on with life and making kickass music are much more important.

word

QFT

Neither bad is truly big enough for him to make a great living at. And unless they have a super big single that's not going to change. They haven't drawn huge crowds (in America anyways)since well before John left the first time-remember Scott saying without the reunion there'd probably be no Anthrax. JB probably made more for 1 day of voice over work than he made 3 months on tour

This isn't necessarily because of the crowd sizes. The band had other problems to deal with that the reunion put an end to.

johns very comfy finiancially,his wife is a very good business woman,its all gonna come down to what he enjoys most,your have to say armored saint is better for him,they have the luxury of playing when gthey want to,they wouldnt have the heavy duty of touring like anthrax does!

johns very comfy finiancially,his wife is a very good business woman,its all gonna come down to what he enjoys most,your have to say armored saint is better for him,they have the luxury of playing when gthey want to,they wouldnt have the heavy duty of touring like anthrax does!

If money is not a motivator then he may very well want to stay with A.S over Anthrax, especially if he enjoys more quality time with wife and child. You're right to say that Saint can play whenever they wish, don't have a label constantly pushing them to market themselves (ie in-stores, major tours, etc)

If Bush comes back then great, I would like to hear the new material with his vocals, if he doesn't and they can't entice Joey to make another go at it then I think they should call it a day and save whatever legacy they have left and pursue different projects

Scott is always saying something:

Here is what he said when Dan joined the band. Dan was Bush on steroids but now Bush is better than Dan???

In a recent interview with Banned Promotions, new Anthrax singer Dan Nelson ? whose voice was previously described by Scott Ian as "like [previous Anthrax frontman] John Bush on steroids"

Scott on the reunion taken from Blabbermouth. The band is better and tighter than ever during the reunion but now Bush is better????

"This reunion has become bigger than the five of us. The band is tighter than ever and we are so strong musically as well as personally that nothing could stop us. It really feels like we are riding on a wave. I can feel the excitement all around us and the support growing every show. I know that people were skeptical of this reunion and some still are. I challenge you to come see us and then see what you think. People shouldn’t judge or speculate about something they have not had any experience with. And as far as the future goes, we will be able to tell you all about that very soon. . . I can only imagine how great [the upcoming European tour] will be. The gauntlet has been thrown Europe. You better represent!!!!"

I agree bush is the best singer but Scott is going to say whatever works for him at the time and never thinking of anyone he pisses on along the way.

Bush needs to take the one show and run. Tell them to fuck off and dig themselves out of their own grave they made!

.....yeah maybe he shouldnt be so passionate his band. We bitch when we hear nothing then we chastise when we do. I think the guy just loves his band and more so loves to perform. Perform for us! The fans that bust his balls on a regular basis. Dude cant win.