More on Cubase 4

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
http://www.steinberg.de/983+M52087573ab0.html

Looks like there won't be four versions any more, just full Cubase and one light version (Cubase Studio).

Edit:
Oh and it looks like they released Cubase 4 now :)
Edit again:
No, they just "introduced" it now. The release date is October 9th.

A feature not related to VST3 but to the Cubase mixer: effects can now be re-arranged using drag & drop. This works both within a single channel, as well as between channels.

/me is happy

They don't directly talk about sidechaining anywhere, though.

TheStoryteller said:
Yep, a feature that SONAR has had since the beginning of time... ;)

Amen. Although I like Cubase's interface better, Sonar has much more convenient features. I hated reloading a million plugins when I wanted to switch the order of effects in Cubase.

Yeah Cubase has some massive drawbacks, but all that said and done, it's the DAW I'm most familiar with. There's this security blanket feel I get with it that I just don't with any other application. That's why I always hope that they patch up its flaws.

The decision not to implement convenient side-chaining puzzles me.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah Cubase has some massive drawbacks, but all that said and done, it's the DAW I'm most familiar with. There's this security blanket feel I get with it that I just don't with any other application. That's why I always hope that they patch up its flaws.

The decision not to implement convenient side-chaining puzzles me.

thats the same way i feel about Nuendo. i just moved up to Nuendo 3 and love it...the only problem was when upgrading, my user templates for some reason didnt install properly, they are there but sometimes it wont let you arm some tracks