More on SW & Mikael

Ken Lyall

Mar 31, 2006
Aberfeldy, Perthshire, SCOTLAND
Wilson is currently involved in a number of musical projects. In addition to Blackfield’s next album, he is planning to put out an album this year with his Porcupine Tree band, and he has a new project with the vocalist for Opeth (for which he produced three albums) and Dream Theater’s drummer Mike Portnoy.

Early next year he plans to begin production on an album by Israeli metal band Orphaned Land. “I love to work, I have to work,” he explains. “I’m not prepared to give up any of my projects

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3246992,00.html

I hope I won't be sorry for posting this, I didn't expect to open up the whole drumming thing again.

This just reiterates that SW is positive about a project with Mikael. The only difference in this post is that he infer's that it will be THIS YEAR :)

whats wrong with "unreserved" drumming??? Santana? Charlie Hunter Quartet? Return to Forever? Allman Brothers Band? Tool?

I'm sure there will be "reserved" drumming in that project...don't hate on the man's chops...

Stimuli said:
whats wrong with "unreserved" drumming??? Santana? Charlie Hunter Quartet? Return to Forever? Allman Brothers Band? Tool?

I'm sure there will be "reserved" drumming in that project...don't hate on the man's chops...
Danny Carey is pretty reserved.

Er.. I thought people knew about this AGES ago?

Anyway, as I said in the NZ topic, I asked Mikael about it, he confirmed it, and said they'd hopefully start on it soon.