Mork Gryning or Dawn

Flaming Death

It must have been strange
Jul 23, 2002
VA
www.dalenet.com
Hey, im into Dissection but not much black metal stuff really

I like the Melodic Black/Death stuff like Dissection.

I hear these 2 bands are similar. which one should i try out first.

by the way I like the singer from Dawn. he is on In Flames' Subterranean

Personally, I'd say check out Dawn's album Slaughtersun (Crown of the Triarchy) first. It's by far one of the best metal releases I have the pleasure of owning. Then I would go for Mork Gryning's Maelstrom Chaos. Both albums are masterpieces in me own opinion. As for individual songs to look for, Dawn - The Knell and the World or Malediction Murder, as for Mork Gryning.. hmm.. I'd have to say The Menace or Templars.

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
"Ont Blod" from Maelstrom Chaos is one of the coolest tracks ever!! Both bands rule, but start with Mörk Gryning...
I'd also say, start with Mork Gryning, the first and treir last (third) album are great. I myself never really captured the magic of Dawn, they're OK, but personally I think Mork Gryning are a lot better.

Mörk Gryning´s debut "Tusen år har gått... "
tusenarh.jpg
is amazing, in my opinion is the best work of them, "Maelstrom Chaos" is good to, but I prefer the first. I really dont like their second album "Return Fire". About Dawn, I have Slaughtersun (its good) but if you're a Dissection fan, I recommend the EP "SORGH PA SVARTE VINGAR FLOGH"
sorghpas.jpg
Totally Dissection style and a great cover of "Night of the Living Dead" of Infernal Majesty.

i'd go with dawn- slaughtersun. i like it however they tend to hang on a riff sometimes. i'd also check out anything from SETH. i know they are hard to come by but its worth the search IMO. i have "in excellence"
~gR~

Originally posted by genocide roach
i'd also check out anything from SETH. i know they are hard to come by but its worth the search IMO. i have "in excellence"
~gR~

I have L'Excellence , Divine X and their debut full lenght Les Blessures de l'Âme , and like Mork Grining their debut is the best album of them. Les Blessures is amazing!