Morngingrise or Ghost Reveries

Morngingrise or Ghost Reveries

• Morningrise

Votes: 75 52.1%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 69 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morningrise and Ghost Reveries are my least favorite albums in Opeth's discography, however, I'm gonna give the edge to GR, mainly because of Ghost of Perdition, The Grand Conjuration and Hours of Wealth.

Morningrise is the current winner, and I´m with Morningrise.

Moonlapse: Your logic is poor.

GR Is the best choice. Its alot more rounded off, i prefer the production and i think the drumming and bass was alot better...........

Morningrise was abit of a cut and paste job with the structure.

The bass lines being interesting and cool are still not fitting at all. I admire the skill and distinctive style put into them but it just does not fit. Even the tone doesnt fit....

They are interesting to play and fun to get down as a bassist but they do anything for me as a song writter. And while i realise that this is one of the things that makes morningrise what it is, it annoys me as a song writer.

I do realise that morningrise would not be morningrise at all with out them........but yeh GR is just a better album all round.

Ghost reveries is much better musically, but morningrise is my favorite I'm not really sure why.

I knowwhats the best poll we ever had, maybe we should make one so all the newcomers could feel a sense of satisfaction that they know what the best poll is and then they can look at that instead of having to cycle through hundreds of crappy polls that have no intelligence within them. yes this is an ironic post but these polls piss me off to the extreme.

Morningrise. Sure, GR is probably more diverse and cohesive, but compared to Morningrise it doesn't strike as much of an emotional tune. Don't get me wrong, GR is a MASTERPIECE, but for different reasons. Morningrise just has more emotional tunes, and I guess I value emotion more than structure or cohesion.

Morningrise. ALL of Opeth's albums have a unique atmosphere to them, but I think Morningrise has the darkest, coldest atmosphere. My Arms, Your Hearse is very close behind this one. As the person above me said, Morningrise is a more emotional listen.

FUBAR said:
Polls Polls Polls, favourite this, favourite that...........

This is something I notice on any forum I visit- this incessant need to rank, sort and classify everything from best to worst. It becomes extremely irritating. Can't you just enjoy the music?

I went with GR, although Mornignrise is a very good album. I think for me the production and style I just like better on GR. Plus Hours of Wealth just kills me, then there's the mastery that is GoP. At the same time, two of my fave Opeth moments/sections are on Morningrise.