morningrise songs meaning

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
hello guys&girls!

i need help, because in the next weeks i'm gonna translating morningrise lyrics into italian, so being aware of what's the subject of those song would be a great help.

i know for sure that 'to bid you farewell' was written after the old mike's girlfriend went with another boy, and 'the night and the silent water' was dedicated to mike's grandfather.

so, what about the others? maybe mikael in person could explain something 'bout them

bye

opethpainter said:
i know for sure that 'to bid you farewell' was written after the old mike's girlfriend went with another boy
True.

I can't remember where I saw that though. A long time ago...

I've always wanted to know what the meaning behind Advent was. The time of year when advent takes place? did mike just use the title because it sounds cool? hmmm....

go on say it. lol to bid u farewell is one of my top absolute most fave opeth songs. i just didnt know thats what it was about. thought it was about someone real close dying just from the lyrics.

speaking of morningrise, didnt candlelight (or century media cant remember) make a spelling error on the jewel case? i think it was on the side or something where it said mornigrise...can anyone confirm this? there is no spelling error on mine, but as far as i remember some of them were released, not many. probably the same as the deliverance re-issue cd and the judojudgement thing.

Mikael got hot and heavy with the lead singer of Arch Enemy. I'm just tellin you what I sawwwww.