morningrise songs meaning

about a girlfriend cheatin' wench huh? how pussified :rolleyes:

I'll draw my own conclusion to that song thanx

Mornigngrises' lyrics are about as cryptic and poetic as you can get. I'd like to think that there is some very deep meaning behind the whole album:erk: , far as lyrics go, but ehhhhh who cares what they mean? Mornigrise just kicks:headbang:

fizz6207 said:
This site has many peoples interpretations of the lyrics

http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=6880

sometimes they arent any good but it may be a good start.

I may start a new thread on this, but

there's someone on that website that made posts about Deliverance being a concept album, its pretty interesting to think about it, but I doubt it's true. Although there are some religious themes in some of the songs...

Wreath
"Deliverance" is as past Opeth albums. "Still Life" and "My Arms Your Hearse" are concept albums with innertwined lyrics. I also have observed that Mikael's lyrics have more than one meaning. In this case I agrre the title "Wreath" is metaphorical in it's own context, however according to the theme the Wreath refers to Jesus's crown of thorns. The someone is definetly proceesding through a painful predicament such as cruxifiction. But he is not afraid of his demise and he promises to return in the coming of the morning.

Deliverance
Form nothing to a life code means to concieve a "virgin" child. Hence the one being slandered by the devil Jesus. Deliverance seems to be about Jesus's temptation and quarrels with Satan, however Mikael's lyrics have more than one meaning. see my other comments for on other Deliverance tracks fore more Jesus referrances.

A Fair Judgment
Again, this song is about Jesus's trial before Pilate.

Master's Apprentices
These lyrics are the most Bibical and obivious! The Master in this song is anoited by etheral light then teaches his great wisdom unto his apprentices. He must do it fast because he is awaiting his death. Therefore I conclude that the Master is Christ and the apprentices are his apostles.

By the Pain I see in Others
Definetly one of my favorites fron Opeth. I originally thought Necroscope however Deliverance's other lyrics seem to describe the life of Jesus Christ. In relation, By the Pain I See in Other's seems to be philosophical of human nature. All human's are sinners and shall rot away, so why not rot with the Lord? See this is the nature of Mikael's poetic genius. These lyrics may seem grim yet they seem to have a holy alternitave meaning.

the ability of UM opethforum users to go OT is incredible.
let's state:
night and the silent water -> grandfather
nectar -> nightmares
bid you farewell -> broken love

2 are missing, someone is pleased to help ;)

opethpainter said:
the ability of UM opethforum users to go OT is incredible.
let's state:
night and the silent water -> grandfather
nectar -> nightmares
bid you farewell -> broken love

2 are missing, someone is pleased to help ;)
Advent - Dying in a grim forest from frostbite

Black Rose Immortal - Lost in an everflowing meadow, dying from thirst

lol