Morrigan - Headcult

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
I didn't know this was out already. Any comments?

I am listening to it and it's typical great Morrigan musicz.

i like it a lot

hmm actually i am disappointed with the drumming a bit but overall it's a good album

Yeah Ifurin, listening now, it's cool but what the FUCK is up with the drums? Was the guy drunk or something? He really struggles to keep time sometimes

along the same lines, I didn't want to start a new thread for Obtest updates, so here's some Obtest news:

"Painfully long-awaited and numerous times delayed third Obtest full length is completed and is anticipated for early fall as CD release date. Nine new songs bare the confirmed title Iš Kartos Į Kartą and bring forth yet unheard catchiness of heathen war heavy metal.

CD edition of Iš Kartos Į Kartą will be released as a standard jewel case version, and limited to 1000 copies luxury A5 cardboard photoalbum, of course with a CD slided inside. Standard edition is certain to appear September 1st, and we will keep sweating our best to bring the photoalbum out at around the same time.
Promo copies are expected no later than August 12th."

Does RC get promos from Ledo Takas?

Awesome cover:

B018CD_Obtest_IKIK.jpg

I mention them a lot, but only Erik and footbalm have had the balls to check them out. ANd both those guys dig the band. Pagan war metal, kinda thrashy, melodic (not in the gay way), all lyrics in native tongue. They rarely slow down, but are not warp speed. The vocals are gravelly throated, not high pitched shrieks.

They aren't really all that similar to Morrigan, though both share some common traits. They kinda have an old school HEAVY FUCKING METAL feel to them. From what I've sen of your tastes and your hankering for the "epic", you'd dig 'em.