Gimme some mid-paced black metal, you bastards!

I think I'm gonna get the MCD from Helheim (is it good?) and the two albums from Iuvenes. Sound good? No?

Dreamlord said:
I think I'm gonna get the MCD from Helheim (is it good?) and the two albums from Iuvenes. Sound good? No?
I can't say - I don't have any of those. Have you hunted down Jormundgand yet? Seriously man, you've got to hear that album just for the vocal delivery alone.

Also, I know you're familiar, but I think we need to include some mention of IMMORTAL. Certainly albums like Sons of Northern Darkness and Heart of Winter are mid-paced black metal. (Although I do acknowledge that Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism is their best, even with the drummer, Armagedda, looking like the most out of place musician in the history of band pictures, particularly with the afro and grim 70's sunglasses).

BloodStainedWalls said:
I would consider Khold as doom metal...*shrug*

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness hits the spot...si
I would consider Khold boring insipid tripe. :)

And damn, I did indeed forget about Immortal's last 2-3 albums, which were waaaaay more slowed down and mid-paced than ever before. Dream already knows about them though, and doesn't like 'em. :)

OK, I've chosen to go with Helheim and Natchfalke for the first round. I know where i can get Jormungand for $14 p/p (if anyone knows a place cheaper, let me know). What other Helheim releases are worth the money. I know where can get the EP for around $5, so I ordered it. Is Blod & Ild worth getting? And you all said te latest one sucks, right?

And howmany albums have Natchfalke released?

OK, I've chosen to go with Helheim and Natchfalke for the first round. I know where i can get Jormungand for $14 p/p (if anyone knows a place cheaper, let me know). What other Helheim releases are worth the money. I know where can get the EP for around $5, so I ordered it. Is Blod & Ild worth getting? And you all said te latest one sucks, right?

And howmany albums have Natchfalke released?

Well, the dude was out of Nachtfalke, but the good news is he has 3 copies of Helheim's Jormungand! So I got two Helheim releases (Jormungand and Terrorveldet) for $17.50 p/p

Helheim
Jormungand - What the fuck is up with those screechy banshee vocals? Those annoyed me. THe music is quite excellent though. This seems like an album that doesn't give u its secrets easily.

Terrorveldet - This must be where the band changed. Very subtle elctronic elements are thrown in one of the songs. Not bad by any means. Requires more listens.

Nachtfalke
Hail Victory Teutonia - Fucking brilliant! THis is what I'm talking about!

Land of Frost - Excellent!

heh heh heh heh... thought you would like nachtfalke; check out "doomed to die" if you haven't already. "jormundgand" is fucking brilliant -- the banshee vocals are part of its charm and i love 'em. "av norron aett" is a little bit different, but not a whole lot (less banshee-vocals, more folk instruments and female vocals) and is also great.

Av Norron Aett is what I'm looking for now. I know where I can get Doomed to Die, and will get it soon. I've also ordered a CD from Iuvenes, so we'll see how they sound.

Dreamlord said:
anyone know what Obtest or Kampfar are like?

kampfar are great. their first album "mellom skogskladde aaser" is a lot better and more varying than the follow up "fra undervenden". it's pretty majestic stuff (some of course find it cheesy) and somewhat faster than mid-paced i'd say. i strongly recomend them