Gimme some mid-paced black metal, you bastards!

Erik said:
I don't like the Kampfar record I have at all. There's a review on RC. Obtest should be pretty OK? A lot like Skyforger.
Didn't I write that review? I remember being extremely underwhelmed by it.

I also have at least one Obtest CD (I have to say "at least..." because let's face it, I don't even know what I have any more). I have "Tukstantmetis" and no, I have no idea what it sounds like. Did you expect different?

Listened to Iuvenes. eh, I hope their two proper releases are better than their demos. Not bad, but I was expecting more. THough, in their defense, I've heard the two album propers are really good.

Listening to that black metal sampler. Thunderbolt is pretty good.

hardly mid-paced, but I just have to say that Destroyer 666 is a damn fine listen. quality blackened thrash. I must hear Desaster next. I love bands that simply release solid albums.

bands that release solid album after solid album>>>>>>>>bands that try to venture into new territory

J. said:
hardly mid-paced, but I just have to say that Destroyer 666 is a damn fine listen. quality blackened thrash. I must hear Desaster next. I love bands that simply release solid albums.

bands that release solid album after solid album>>>>>>>>bands that try to venture into new territory

Destroyer 666, as I've stated a lot, fuckin' rule. I think I saw that you just got "Phoenix Rising" in, you should enjoy that album. Lone Wolf Winter=epic thrashy awesomeness, but I'm pretty much repeating exactly what I said in the Destroyer 666 thread. :tickled: Still need to pick up Unchain the Wolves, a definite will do when the year end/list making madness ends. Violence is the Prince of this World will also be mine.

Desaster is one I'll look into. I think Decadent mentioned Gospel of the Horns in the D666 thread, they are on my "To Buy" list as well.

Opeth17 said:
Destroyer 666, as I've stated a lot, fuckin' rule. I think I saw that you just got "Phoenix Rising" in, you should enjoy that album. Lone Wolf Winter=epic thrashy awesomeness, but I'm pretty much repeating exactly what I said in the Destroyer 666 thread. :tickled: Still need to pick up Unchain the Wolves, a definite will do when the year end/list making madness ends. Violence is the Prince of this World will also be mine.

Desaster is one I'll look into. I think Decadent mentioned Gospel of the Horns in the D666 thread, they are on my "To Buy" list as well.
Yeah, I need Violence is the Prince..., Unchain.., and the new EP. I'll get them in time, no rush really, with Christmas coming up and money being really tight right now.

Desaster just looks lke I would like 'em. Epic blackened thrash all about leather, beer and metuhl.

Like I've said again and again, the Aussies do black-thrash the best. Gospel of the Horns are similar to D666, but have their own thing going too, and then there's Grenade, Razor of Occam, Urgrund, Denouncement Pyre, Spear of Longinus, Atomizer, Nocturnal Graves and Vomitor, all of whom would sound familiar to any D666 fan.