most aggressive/heavy album?

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
As I am now a complete Borknagar fan I am ready to delve into the world of Vintersorg. I like things fast and heavy with good production. Reading reviews I'm leaning toward the Spiral Generator as my first album to purchase. Am I correct in my speculations?

Also, as a Borknagar fan, what shall I be expecting from the Vintersorg listening experience? How does it compare to Borknagar and how is it different?

Thanks for all the input.

indeed you are correct. i would recommend that one if you like bork, its more agressive than the focusing blur.

rammpeth said:
indeed you are correct. i would recommend that one if you like bork, its more agressive than the focusing blur.

ok cool i'll be sure to fish that one out on my next trip to the record store.

If you are more into progressive stuff like Borknagar I'd recommend Visions... as well, but Till Fjälls is the most agressive Album anyway. But it's rather folkish, don't know if you like it coming from Borknagar to Vintersorg. Maybe you should start with Visions from the Spiral Generator ;)

The local record stores didn't have Visions...:cry:

They did have The Focusing Blur. Would I be disappointed in purchasing that one based on my previously stated requirements?

i dont think you would.
Keep in mind it isnt as straight-forward as borks music,,,its more f*cked up, if you will.
But its still agressive and heavy

Yea, The Focusing Blur is my favorite Vintersorg album, as well as one of my favorite albums period. And as rammpeth stated, be prepared, it's a little more "off the wall" compared to Borknagar.

Visions opens and closes with some serious thrashing, with diversity between. It was the first album I got along with TIll Fjalls and I regret not this course of action.

The Focusing Blur would be an interesting start, to move backwards from.

I did it kind of funny actually, I bought them 2 at a time... first Visions and Till Fjalls like I mentioned above, and then I ordered The Focusing Blur and Cosmic Genesis at the same time. Vintersorg's a lot to take in at once I find, and having some balance to it helps. The last two were more abstract and just downright strange than the previous releases, so having an older one and newer one to compare was interesting.

Dont bother buying Focusing Blur and VFSG before you have gotten Hedniskhjärtad (probably the most aggressive), Till fjälls. ôdemarkens son and Cosmic Genesis. The best album is probably Ôdemarkens Son (Från majestetiska Nord).
I bought all of this albums for over 4 years ago, and I am still not tired of it. The music is beautiful, grimm, folkish and sad.

I remember when I first bought Visions and listened to it on the way home...man, I was one happy camper that day!