Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

At least there is one answer which is the same each year:

Gun's 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy

I'm waiting for Meshuggah, Opeth, and Morbid Angel currently.

I'm also hoping Agalloch, Negura Bunget, Esoteric, or Enslaved release an album soon, although none of these have been confirmed as far as I know.
I'm adding Anathema and Testament to this list. Is that Amesoeurs album finally supposed to be released as well?

edit: Adding Drudkh as well

i'm touched that we made the list! with any luck it'll be out before the end of the year. 90% is recorded, artwork etc is pretty much done, so yeah, coming along nicely :)

haha i never knew you were in the band! i love the two tracks you guys have out right now, and I can't wait to hear some more. any chance of a new song going on the myspace any time soon?

Taake, Necrophagist, Opeth, Drudkh, Agalloch for sure and a few others that might possibly have releases next year that haven't been confirmed like Ihsahn, Negura Bunget, and Darkspace.

Doubt Drudkh will do anything by next year.. They released an album this year! And Agalloch is releasing the white ep this year.

Ihsahn would be lovely though..

So would new Tool.. But like FUCK that'd happen.. 2010?

Many surprises and lots of great stuff coming out, I think my wallet will be very empty next year. I haven't heard anything about a new Ihsahn album, but thats going to be in my top 5 definitely.

I would like to add Sculptured(feat Andy Winter) and Moonsorrow ep to the "Confirmed list" of 2008 releases.

Damn how could I forget..IMMORTAL!

Ikuinen Kaamos
Agalloch
Deicide
sleepmakeswaves
Ne Obliviscaris
The Offspring (yeah, you heard me right!)
Opeth
Woods of Ypres (although that will probably come out before 2008 hits us)
Moonsorrow
Virgin Black
Maybe Metallica
Psycroptic (even though I don't like their new vocalist)

sleepmakeswaves
ta!

haha i never knew you were in the band! i love the two tracks you guys have out right now, and I can't wait to hear some more. any chance of a new song going on the myspace any time soon?

thanks! once everything is mixed and mastered we'll prob throw up a track or two, but that will prob be only a few days before the full release is ready, so sit tight :)

:loco: