Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Besides Opeth:
Rapture
Skyfire
Thyrfing
Diabolical Masquerade (long shot, perhaps)
Bloodbath
Old Man's Child
Insomnium
Omnium Gatherum
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Taake
Katatonia

That is all that I can currently think of.

Opeth
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth(flame all you want I'm still loyal)
In Flames(Come Clarity was definitely a step in the right direction and from what I've heard from the studio vids they post on their myspace the new album is gonna be fucking awesome)

A tad interested in what the new Metallica will sound like but still kinda meh

Im pretty exited to hear the new Metallica. I havent been a hard fan since my teens but the band did change my life forever and for about 10 years of my life I listened to nothing but Metallica so I will always give these guys a chance. I didnt hate Load and Reload either, St. Anger was a gigantic piece of crap, but what I understand from the articles Im reading is that the band is trying to hit some of the notes of old also. Plus love or hate some of Rick Rubins work either way, the guy is a genius. And I think he might actually push the band in the right direction. The band will never be what they were in the 80s but everyone evolves (bad or good), and I have a pretty good feeling I might enjoy the next step of evolution for Metallica.

Can't understand Come Clarity. They claimed it would be a return to their older style but to me, it seemed more emo than any of their previous releases.

i actually dont think its that bad of an album. much better than the one before it. its got some catchy stuff, and a few really cool riffs thrown in there. wasn't one of my favorites of that year by any means though.

Opeth obviously
Children of Bodom
Deicide
and Metallica to see what this stuff is like. I hope more like thier first albums but i think i'm dreaming and will be dissapionted

Can't understand Come Clarity. They claimed it would be a return to their older style but to me, it seemed more emo than any of their previous releases.

Emo? I think you need to go find out what emo really is. It pisses me off when people bash IF just because of Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape, most of them don't realize that those albums were experimental and weren't even that bad other than the fact that they replaced what would have been harmonized guitar parts with keyboards, I'm sorry I didn't realize that bands weren't allowed to experiment with their music anymore...

Emo? I think you need to go find out what emo really is. It pisses me off when people bash IF just because of Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape, most of them don't realize that those albums were experimental and weren't even that bad other than the fact that they replaced what would have been harmonized guitar parts with keyboards, I'm sorry I didn't realize that bands weren't allowed to experiment with their music anymore...

Although I don't like their last 3 discs, I think they're still IF. I mean, their songs are better arranged than the most metalcore crap you see around. I found some songs to be almost genius ("Cloud Connected" is an example). But still I do hope they come back to their older style: you can't possibly compare The Jester Race with Reroute to Remain, may it be as experimental as you want.

It would be nice to see In Flames being in more guitar work like on Whoracle and Jesters Race. I do like the production and song arrangement and hooks of the last few albums but just tad bit more guitar would be nice. Even just adding a nice instrumental would be nice.

In Flames needs to get rid of Jonathan Davis and find a good vocalist on top of reverting back to their old style.